Did the Covid shot make you cranky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #151  
I can relate because even working in a medical system with 60,000 employees and where mom's docs are in the system it was a total failure for her.

They were only accepting online patient appointments through the health platform and mom did not have online health records which requires release of medical records to that format with live signature but that department now working from home so fax ok...

Made several attempts over weeks and this is 48 hour turn around.... never happened.

Would not speak with me so had to submit another authorization via fax.

Over a month and finally ducks in a row only to find out system said no longer accepting vaccination appointments!

I said call me when you are and was told it does not work that way.

Called employee help line that even helps with daycare... said I was concerned bringing Covid home to 87 year old unvaccinated mom...

Help line offered up to 10 weeks family leave if I was concerned...

Years ago Mom volunteered at a free community clinic and I reached out to them and the doctor said can you come now?... I said see you in 15 minutes.

Digital, Online, Text, Voicemail, etc... leaves out many...

I realize this is the way of the world but so many of Oakland's elderly ended up depending on church and faith based organizations..

Working in the system and not being able to take care of mom in the system made me very cranky...

I penned an excellent letter to the CEO of the entire system titled Missed Opportunity?

So far it remains unsent... it is a very good to the point letter but at this point mom is vaccinated.
You are a great son . . .

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #153  
Yep . . . makes for a great son (if he listens) ;)

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #154  
Don't know what we would do without TBN as a sounding board...

The advice, suggestions and venting with those having similar experience is invaluable and never more then now under Covid...

TBN... a tractor site and so much more.

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #155  
Wow, what a story. Must drive you crazy. Sounds like Doofus may even be criminally liable!
Yeah, I've been dealing with him for 42 years. As they say, he's a couple sandwiches short of a picnic. I'm fortunate that his parents have always treated me well. My folks passed at an early age and they've been like my own parents for longer than I knew my own. Their oldest daughter is OK by me, too. ;)

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #156  
The folks in charge do not make it easy to get the shots. I’m past the three score and ten mark so I qualified. Here is what I went through to get the shot. I tried to get an appointment on line at the .gov site. There was a place to click on to “Make an Appointment”, so I clicked on it. That sent me to a place that sold programs to “Make Appointments”. I’m not a dentist’s office or beauty parlor. So, I tried the phone number provided by NYS. I got a sweet computer generated female voice that asked me if I had any questions. I asked, “How do I make an appointment?” The voice proceeded to go through a litany of information, most of which I had already tried. Because of “Corneal Grafts” the Dr. advised that I should get the J&J one shot and double up on the anti rejection meds for two weeks. So I asked the “Voice”, “How I could get the J&J shot.” She went through the same litany as before. At this point I was more than a bit “Pissed”, so I asked the voice, “At the time of your birth were your parents married?” I received the same litany. Obviously “Sweet Voice” wasn’t listening.
The J&J shots were being given at the state fair grounds from 10:00PM to 8:00 AM so over there I went. I explained, when asked if I had an appointment, what I had been through, and I mean everything! The girl at the gate said, “You can make an appointment on your phone.” I handed her my flip phone and said, “SHOW ME!” She handed me back my phone, a couple of sheets of paper, stamped my hand and said, “Follow the arrows.” In all told it took 35 minutes at the fair grounds to get the shot including the 15 minutes to see if I would keel over. I spent more time than that just trying to get an appointment.

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #157  
I got my second shot yesterday and today I feel it. Kind of like a very minor case of the flu, and yes I’m still cranky but nothing to do with the shot.

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #158  
It was a hassle in MI, until recently anyway. Checked our local state health dept. web page which asked a few questions. They emailed me the next day with a link to make an appointment which had choices of dates and times, and I made one asap. I got one for a few days later. I walked in for it and they asked one question, "do you have an appointment?" Nothing else.

Last edited:
   / Did the Covid shot make you cranky?
I was bemoaning having to wait for a return call to set up my appointment. After reading about the hassles some of you have had, I now feel very fortunate.

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #160  
Getting an appointment for the jab (AstraZeneca in my case) was easy and a bit of a surprise as I was just given a local phone number to call. Once I'd made the appointment, I received a text message with a 'link' to complete a form (medicare #, medical history, prescriptions, etc...) but I couldn't complete the form on my small mobile phone. It took me a while to get the 'link' typed properly onto my PC, then answered/submitted the form.

When I showed up for the shot, 'they' had me fill in the very same form (paper). I received the jab and 'they' handed me an appointment card for my second jab.

By the time I reached home there was another text on my mobile, confirming my second appointment and a 'link' to fill out the same bloody form! I couldn't do it, even on my PC.

Later on I personally inquired about this form at my local Clinic and was told not to worry about it as the appointment is confirmed and I'll just have to fill the paper form in again when I present.

o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.