Did you build or buy your tractor shed/garage

/ Did you build or buy your tractor shed/garage #61  
I've got four tractors. From little to too big. I've built a roof over all four. Not one roof, two go under the "bank Barn" shop, and one lives under a shed roof hanging off the shop. The third and most recent lives in an open dog house. seperate from the shop, that also holds the 6 five gallon fuel cans and assorted crap ;-)

Oh! The tractors all get dusty, and sweat when the humidity follows a cold spell. But they don't see driving rain or blistering sun.

/ Did you build or buy your tractor shed/garage #62  
CalG. The wind blows and my tractor gets dusty and covered with a thin layer of volcanic ash. We all forget about Mt St Helens, 1980, until the wind blows.

/ Did you build or buy your tractor shed/garage #63  
CalG. The wind blows and my tractor gets dusty and covered with a thin layer of volcanic ash. We all forget about Mt St Helens, 1980, until the wind blows.
My youngest son did a University study of the St Helen's area. I was impressed with the rapid recovery of the flora. With that, I've watched a couple of "tours" of the crater on footoob. Whoa! What a reality. We think we own this world, but really, We humans are just spectators!

Check your air filters!

/ Did you build or buy your tractor shed/garage #64  
I bought a 40' shipping container. I just fit inside with ROPS folded.

Being the brilliant guy that I am I figured get a 40' instead of a 20' so I could also store all the implements inside too. Great idea until I tried & realized I'm emptying the thing one piece at a time to get to whatever is at the back. 6' stuff can't pass other 6' stuff inside an 8' box :) But I did manage to find other stuff to store in it and really like it. Couldn't build or buy any other type structure that's waterproof, mouseproof!, and secures reasonably well for the $. Really fast too - order it, get it in a couple days, took all of 15 min to have it off the rollback, in position, and leveled on blocks.

Not hard to add a lean-to roof. Another member here posted a great build with 2 parked next to each other and a roof built to cover the space between them. That made a huge covered area + lots of dry storage. I put a gutter on mine and collect rainwater from it. Lot you can do with them.

Of course if you choose a cab, that rules out a container. A lot of basic carports too - the RV style would work.
I too bought a conex to store my tractors in. I have a NH TN70D cabbed tractor and a skid loader and a bad rodent problem. I elected to buy a 40' High Cube container with doors on both ends. As containers go, it was kind of expensive at around $5,500 delivered. In order to get the double door high cube I had to buy a "one tripper". It came with new paint, new door seals and hardware and a warranty against rodents and water intrusion.

I store both the tractor and skid in it with about 6' of space between them for shelved storage. It is nice to be able to get to the tractor I want without having to unload the container every time.

I am considering buying another 40' High Cube (this time with a single door at about half the price) for general storage. I will set them about 20-30 feet apart and build a roof between.

Tim

/ Did you build or buy your tractor shed/garage #65  
I built the barn, the machine shed and the house. Why pay a contractor when you can do it yourself and save thousands

/ Did you build or buy your tractor shed/garage #66  
My youngest son did a University study of the St Helen's area. I was impressed with the rapid recovery of the flora. With that, I've watched a couple of "tours" of the crater on footoob. Whoa! What a reality. We think we own this world, but really, We humans are just spectators!

Check your air filters!
i've been there a few times, when folks came to visit.

it's impressive. big difference in the before and after photos of the peak.

my old girl friend was in high school in portland when it blew and told about the epic parties they had, St Helena parties. She was a wine mom.

there was a spot in Oregon, just east of portland where you could see all 5 of the volcanoes at one time.

the projected lava flow from Mt Reiner is impressive......bye bye microsoft.....etc

Here's a question i've had running around my brain for a long time.

Generally speaking

Back east, we call mountains......

Pilot Mountain.....Roan Mountain....Kings Mountain etc etc

out west they say....

Mt Hood....Mt Ranier...Mt St Helens

I wonder why?

/ Did you build or buy your tractor shed/garage #67  

Attachments

• shed_tractor.jpg
    shed_tractor.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 206
Paid for a metal shed.

/ Did you build or buy your tractor shed/garage #68  
tradosaurus, how much and where did you get the shed?
Looks pretty nice for a metal shed.

/ Did you build or buy your tractor shed/garage #69  
Had Carolina Carports build a 31x42 Carolina Barn before all the delays and price increases. Was a totally satisfying experience.

/ Did you build or buy your tractor shed/garage #70  
tradosaurus, how much and where did you get the shed?
Looks pretty nice for a metal shed.
Date ordered: February 2019
Dealer: NIX Bldgs. Ordered from Integrity Carports out of Daingerfield, Tx.
21 ft x 18 ft Boxed eave carport.
9 ft legs
1 end closed
Anchors
4 ft extra bracing.
Total price to deliver and assemble: $2500