Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer?

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #22  
Yikes, where is the closest ER ?
Just before the ambulance was called he said “hold my beer and watch this”
LOL.......yep, it was the guy below backing into the brush....

Attachments

• Ad-1.jpg
    Ad-1.jpg
    588.1 KB · Views: 119
   / Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #23  
Around these parts, the guard helps keep the chiggers off your legs. o_O

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #25  
Watch what the 'Pro's' do; you won't find any guards on their trimmers. With a little attention one can see exactly which direction the trimmer throws the grass, dirt and rocks. Even so, all of my mowing and trimming is done wearing googles (and protective sleeves). My eyes are very important to me!

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #26  
My Stihl trimmer is about 5 years old and still has the guard , it doesn’t seem to help much but it also doesn’t bother much.

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #27  
I took mine off for the first time last summer....it's not going back on

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #28  
I run my trimmers with the guards removed, except for the brush cutter head. I do wear long pants and safety glasses though.
It makes edging easier, trimming larger areas faster and more even, and keeps the head clearer in high brush.

For those without serious heavy brush cutting needs, consider trying an Echo Speed Feed 400 or 450 head. They are game changers!

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #29  
I do wear long pants and safety glasses though.
I made the mistake only once being too stubborn/stupid to go and change into jeans. I went to my daughters later on after having spent 2 hours trimming, she asked if I was attacked by hornets. Not that I have the nicest looking legs anyway but they looked terrible and later that night felt like they looked. Now it's mud boots and jeans, always wore safety glasses and earplugs anyway.

For those without serious heavy brush cutting needs, consider trying an Echo Speed Feed 400 or 450 head. They are game changers!
Yup, only complaint I have is sometimes they feed a bit too easy when you hit a hard piece of ground, other than that they're awesome/

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #30  
I worked full-time doing landscaping for several years, and we always had the guards on all the trimmers. At least in our case we never saved anytime without them. When we tried it once for a few days and it seemed to cause more problems/damage with rocks and such being discharged into or toward windows, vehicles, other workers, etc.

I leave mine on and can't stay they bother me.