Diesel confirmed in new Chevy Colorado.

/ Diesel confirmed in new Chevy Colorado. #221  
Something without a center console and have four doors.
Still I don't see the advantages of splitting hairs from a 7/8 of a half ton sized Colorado vs a full sized half ton Sierra???

/ Diesel confirmed in new Chevy Colorado. #222  
Whatever games the marketeers get up to with models/platforms..... as long as I get access to a diesel truck here for significantly less than what a 3/4 ton goes for now, I'll be a happy camper :thumbsup:

Rgds, D.

/ Diesel confirmed in new Chevy Colorado. #223  
Still I don't see the advantages of splitting hairs from a 7/8 of a half ton sized Colorado vs a full sized half ton Sierra???

Heck I'm thinking the other way, with this lighter weight more efficient Colorado now why not just drop the half ton Sierra? Anyone that needs to haul or tow much could buy the 2500 series 3/4 ton, which is about the same size.

/ Diesel confirmed in new Chevy Colorado. #224  
Whatever games the marketeers get up to with models/platforms..... as long as I get access to a diesel truck here for significantly less than what a 3/4 ton goes for now, I'll be a happy camper :thumbsup:

Rgds, D.

How is the diesel an advantage anymore with the price of diesel being more expensive than gasoline? And the pricks in the EPA adding $$$ emissions equipment onto the engine? Sure back in the day the Cummins 6BT and ISB prior to common rail injection, diesel ruled. That was however several years ago when diesel was also 20% cheaper instead of 20% more expensive .

/ Diesel confirmed in new Chevy Colorado. #225  
I worked at Arlongton assembly. They didn't happen to be red w black front and rear bumpers by any chance did they?

As I remember they all had chrome bumpers.

/ Diesel confirmed in new Chevy Colorado.
As I remember they all had chrome bumpers.

Thanks... I remember us building some loaded bright red ones w black front and rear bumpers. Always wondered where they went.

/ Diesel confirmed in new Chevy Colorado. #227  
How is the diesel an advantage anymore with the price of diesel being more expensive than gasoline? And the pricks in the EPA adding $$$ emissions equipment onto the engine? Sure back in the day the Cummins 6BT and ISB prior to common rail injection, diesel ruled. That was however several years ago when diesel was also 20% cheaper instead of 20% more expensive .

I'm pretty sure you know the technical performance advantage (tq) of a diesel. In terms of emission control, we are at about 1979 with diesels - you may be old enough to remember what gas motors were like then. Agreed, PITA.

So, price.... perhaps that is a problem at your end of the province ? Here, there is no way diesel fuel is consistently 20% higher cost. It does move in a different price cycle than gas, and is occasionally a bit higher than gas here, but also prices lower at times too.

I think you reside in ON; unless you do a lot of personal long distance driving in the USA I don't see the price argument.

Aside from purchase cost, I own an older diesel for some of the reasons you cited. Everybody has different needs; I do know I would not want to own the truck I do, with a gas motor.

I live in the commuting belt around Toronto. Once somebody is in one, you'd need a large caliber gun to get most long distance commuters out of their VW tdi. Even with USA fuel pricing, tdi's have a following there too.

As good as the tdi's are, even there they've had EGR issues :mad:. I'm hoping the newer road diesels continue to improve in terms of emission reliability. Still, many commuters here won't give up their tdi. Solid platform, reasonable engine reliability, fantastic mileage.

Diesels aren't for everybody. For the people that do like them, I hope the choices in the Can/USA market keep growing.

Rgds, D.

/ Diesel confirmed in new Chevy Colorado. #228  
I have resided on the east coast of Lake Huron for 10 years but was stuck in or around Toronto for 17-18 years.
As the Canadian market and regs follow the US. I was aiming the prices at our US cousins who decide what vehicles we get.

/ Diesel confirmed in new Chevy Colorado. #229  
I have resided on the east coast of Lake Huron for 10 years but was stuck in or around Toronto for 17-18 years.
As the Canadian market and regs follow the US. I was aiming the prices at our US cousins who decide what vehicles we get.

USA fuel pricing..... that makes sense. I only get over Goderich way maybe once or twice a summer, but didn't recall fuel pricing there being that much different than Central Ontario.

Rgds, D.