Diesel garden tractor pulling

/ Diesel garden tractor pulling #61  
hi yes i do what u do but i run a 3cy yanmar diesel with nos propane and water and i have a 2inc turbo

/ Diesel garden tractor pulling #62  
I am building a diesel puller right now and was wondering how to make the kill switch for the rear of the machine. i think a guillotine shut off would work best but i am unsure how to make it any pics you guys have would be great.

/ Diesel garden tractor pulling #63  
I use a trailer brake break away switch hooked in line with my fuel shut off solenoid

/ Diesel garden tractor pulling #64  
i dont have a fuel pump it is gravity feed from the tank to the injection pump.

/ Diesel garden tractor pulling
I am building a diesel puller right now and was wondering how to make the kill switch for the rear of the machine. i think a guillotine shut off would work best but i am unsure how to make it any pics you guys have would be great.

Adapt one of these to front of your turbo inlet. Spring load it. Run a choke cable with a ring pull on it from the rear up to it and run it thru the hole.

If you ever put an electric pump on you will have to add a power disconnect to the same ring. You will eventually need an electric pump that pushes 40psi when you make power so be prepared. Last thing you want to do is stick a plunger. Put an easy to get to shut-off valve on the fuel line as close to the injection pump as you can also.

McMaster-Carr

1-09 8.jpg

1-09 12.jpg

/ Diesel garden tractor pulling #66  
thanks i think i will build one though. i am not workin so money is tight but i have the material to build one thanks for the link though.

/ Diesel garden tractor pulling #67  
true pulling tractors are totaly cool. when i was in the army we would spike diesel fuel with gasoline in a 5 ton wrecker. we would blow the 2 1/2 tons in the weeds . also we cranked the tire pressure up to 100-110. my o my i beleave i remember that far back.

/ Diesel garden tractor pulling #68  
Here are a few pictures of my puller that im workin on. hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• DSC00873.jpg
    DSC00873.jpg
    571.5 KB · Views: 3,860
  • DSC00884.jpg
    DSC00884.jpg
    497.1 KB · Views: 3,186
   / Diesel garden tractor pulling #70  
i used to pull diesel pickup class and the hobby has gotten so competative and expensive i cannot afford to play anymore so since im a hardcore diesel fan i am going to build one of these tractors and return to the track i have found a d600 series kubota that i will b purchasing any tips or tricks would b gladly appreciated as far as drive line gearing performance parts for the kubota rods cams pistons etc. also bigkrank wat do u charge to build a cub rearend for a customer prolly need just a mild one to start out with but im not for certain and also how are u connecting the kubota to the cub transaxle thanks for any info one might have