Comparison Different bucket options

/ Different bucket options #1  

lzicc

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650
For the L60 series, they have a few different types of buckets you can get. I'm looking at the 72" bucket. They have light material, square back and heavy duty round. What is the difference between the square back and the heavy duty round? Is the heavy duty one that much more rigid and does the round back hold allot more?

/ Different bucket options #2  
Depending on your use, go with the heavy duty one if you can afford it. There is not that much difference in capacity.

Snow removal doesn't sound strenuous enough to need heavy duty but eventually you'll run into things with the bucket. Also, consider getting the HD removable lip on the bucket.

The top line of the HD bucket is usually a piece of pipe rather than fold of sheet metal. If you put hooks on you'll appreciate that strength.

/ Different bucket options
I will have a toothbar put on to protect the edge. I also push trees down with the bucket, so I am thinking that the heavy duty would hold up better. Does the heavy duty weigh much more? Would it take aware from the lift rating of the FEL?

/ Different bucket options #4  
Square 72" bucket weights 331 pounds. Optional L2296 HD RB bucket weighs 397 pounds. Additional 66 pounds is all beef.

Extra beef discourages torquing of FEL arms. Additional 66 pounds certainly decreases lift capacity by same. If in doubt order the optional LA805 FEL rather than the lower power LA 555 ---- big lifting difference between the two. Not much weight difference: LA805 = 1,003 pounds, LA555 = 1,279 pounds. I have the LA805.

With the LA805 and L2296 out front you will want 600 - 1,000 pound implement on the 3-Pt for counterbalance.

I feel comfortable putting the L2296 down low and bulling through the heaviest jungle when bush hogging.

Kubota FEL Manual shows SB/RB capacity identical @ 13.1 cubic feet, heaped.

I will never own aKubota Grand L tractor-loader without optional HD RB bucket.

Ratchet Rake fits on L2296 perfectly.

Last edited:
   / Different bucket options #5  
I've had HD buckets on both my Grand Ls and really like them as we use them pretty hard. I'm sure there is a weight differnce, but I'm happy with the lifting power I have.

Thanks for posting the pics. That is a really nice bucket. So the bucket comes with the hooks already installed. I like that. It does look very heavy duty. It looks like you have the front cutting bar add on on this one also. Nice tractor. :)

/ Different bucket options #7  
Thanks for posting the pics. That is a really nice bucket. So the bucket comes with the hooks already installed. I like that. It does look very heavy duty. It looks like you have the front cutting bar add on on this one also. Nice tractor. :)

I took the hooks and showed them where I wanted them, I bought them from Truck and Tow, you can also get them from Ken's Bolt on Hooks, he has bolt on and ones you can weld.

I actually do have hooks that I was going to weld on my current L3800, just didn't have the heart to scratch the paint. :(

/ Different bucket options #9  
I actually do have hooks that I was going to weld on my current L3800, just didn't have the heart to scratch the paint. :(

Just close your eyes for the first couple of seconds with the angle grinder.:D It only hurts for a second or so, then it is smooth sailing from there.:laughing: Weld em on, paint, and admire your work.. look at TripleR's. Don't you think they look good.?:thumbsup:

They look awesome. I have the Kubota Orange paint, just need the guts. :)