Comparison Different bucket options

/ Different bucket options
I could use that TripleR. I am taking down allot of trees and pushing the branches into a pile makes a mess of the grill.

/ Different bucket options #22  
If you have the means, a set of OEM-style forks (if you have a quick attach bucket) will help tremendously with branches as well as dealing with transporting logs and loading them onto a trailer (if needed). The frame of the forks protects the front end very well.

Processing trees is my main task and the bucket attachment is never used. It is 95% forks and 5% my homemade log handler. The log holder has the smallest of three sets of tongs attached. The forks were modified after this photo to have a larger steel grid on the top of the fork frame for more protection.

Attachments

• LogCarrier_03.JPG
    LogCarrier_03.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 263
  • M7040 forks.jpg
    M7040 forks.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
   / Different bucket options #23  
I could use that TripleR. I am taking down allot of trees and pushing the branches into a pile makes a mess of the grill.

We need to add one to our M8540 as we've bent the grills on both the L5740 and M8540. Like gwdixon we often use a set of forks, but often have the bucket and got a grapple a couple of months ago, so the guard is a must.

My brother also did this after I busted my cab: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/302353-brush-guard-cab-tractor.html?highlight=

/ Different bucket options #25  
a self cleaning bucket... well mostly anyway... how many times have ya got a bucket full of snow and the snow stuck up inside of the corners? more so about mud / slop? granted with FEL you can racket the bucket back and forth and generally force everything out but a little bit here or there in the corners.

but when you have say a bucket full of sand, or loose potting soil, or wet concrete. and you have a flat shovel manually shoveling stuff from bucket to were you want it? no curves, just flat pieces to scrape edge of flat edge shovel against to get what you want as you want it. and no fussing with round curves. granted there maybe more risk of little bit more dirt sticking right into the corners inside the bucket... but... trade off of manual labor and clean out the bucket at end of day or those odd jobs. IMHO (in my humble opinion) well worth square / flat pieces of metal on the bucket.

i do a lot of "back dragging" with the FEL bucket. vs actually digging dirt with the FEL bucket. and for that reason. some sort of clamp on tooth bar, would be more preferred. (easy on / easy off) it is rare, when i actually need to use FEL to dig directly into hard compacted soil / rock. say digging into a hill side to get some fill dirt for some place else on farm = tooth bar, or trying to dig out a hump in a road / path in woods = tooth bar. but digging into already piled up loose dirt that backhoe made, sand that was delivered, drive way rock that was delivered, snow, tooth bar not needed. other words vary rare that tooth bar is really needed. and a simple straight edge has more advantage.

granted getting into live stock pens and cleaning up the slop and hay, and straw... is a different matter all together. and generally a pitch fork (long teeth) more likely wanted. vs general duty bucket with a tooth bar on it were the teeth are not that long.

==========
light bucket = mulch, it more likely wider and bigger overall volume it can handle. but it is also a lot weaker. and will not stand up to abuse like a general duty bucket would.