Dig with Ventrac 4500Y?

/ Dig with Ventrac 4500Y? #1  

chayasue

Tractor
ventrac 4500Y
Is there any way or any attachment that will enable a Ventrac 4500Y to dig out a planting bed? Or a planting hole for a tree or shrub? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

/ Dig with Ventrac 4500Y? #4  
Is there any way or any attachment that will enable a Ventrac 4500Y to dig out a planting bed? Or a planting hole for a tree or shrub? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
Trees/shrubs:
They used to manufacture an auger attachment for the Versa-loader attachment. You can occasionally find them used but they are rare and $$$. Financially, you would be much better off just renting an auger/post hold digger.

Planting bed:
Yes, Ventrac makes a tiller attachment that is very robust. You should also be able to use a Steiner tiller on your 4500 as well but you will have to change out the belt on the attachment that connects to the PTO pulley to be compatible with your machine. Ventrac also has an edger attachment. I have never used it but know some landscapers who love it for edging flower beds or mulch beds around trees.

Hope this helps.

/ Dig with Ventrac 4500Y? #5  
I think the big question is what will be the primary use of the tractor? then how much of each are you going to do ... planting beds? plant trees? the reason I say this I have a 4' bucket and it will dig a 4' hole min. have a stump grinder that will dig a small hole but one 6" deep but I made a ripper that will loosen the dirt up a lot deeper.

If you aren't going to cut a lot of grass where it is steep or wet look at a Powertrac they make every attachment you will ever need .... Jim

/ Dig with Ventrac 4500Y?
I think the big question is what will be the primary use of the tractor? then how much of each are you going to do ... planting beds? plant trees? the reason I say this I have a 4' bucket and it will dig a 4' hole min. have a stump grinder that will dig a small hole but one 6" deep but I made a ripper that will loosen the dirt up a lot deeper.

If you aren't going to cut a lot of grass where it is steep or wet look at a Powertrac they make every attachment you will ever need .... Jim
How do you dig with the bucket?

/ Dig with Ventrac 4500Y? #7  
I put the teeth on it and tilt it down and travel forward and and close it where I want it to stop, you have to ramp in. I also use the ripper on the 3 point I made to loosen things up, but the smallest hole will be over 4' wide..... Jim