Disapointed with KTC

/ Disapointed with KTC #51  
I am selling a 1986 Massey-Ferguson 375 to myself; one LLC to another; wonder who I will blame if I have problems.

/ Disapointed with KTC #52  
Can you explain exactly what is going on with your steering.My steering in the last year in the dead of winter when it hasn't been used for a while is unturnable till it is running for a while it is then stiff and after a few minutes is normal again. I was told that I may have water in my steering as the steering runs off the hydrostatic fluid .

/ Disapointed with KTC #53  
fiddler

Before you start a witch hunt in your machine keep in mind that in the "dead of winter" the hydraulics are cold. They do not move as well until the fluid gets to operating temperature. Kubota Super UDT is more stable in colder temps and tends to move a little better when it is cold. May be worth switching at your next hydraulic change if you are not running it already.

/ Disapointed with KTC
All:

Let's not lose sight of one thing, all I *expected* was a return communication, maybe indicating a "local" dealer with experience with the problem who could accurately diagnose and get it fixed or provide guidance as to what parts I need to fix it.

I am MOST disappointed that KTC has refused to acknowledge my communication with them, no reply AT ALL. I did not at the time of my message to them and definately do not now, expect KTC to "do anything" about the problem. Their failure, or as I see it, refusal to acknowledge my complaint is not only poor business but discourteous.

As I indicated earlier, I am not interested in naming those dealers that have been less than helpful, primarily because that will not accomplish anything useful.

fiddler:

This is a problem that occurs when the fluid is warmed up to hot and at low engine speeds. There is no "power" in power steering when this happens. It does not take much running to duplicate the problem, the hotter the fluid gets the higher the engine speeds need to be to keep the power steering working.

I am estimating a little, but with "room temp" fluid and the engine at idle everything is fine, with fluid at about 120*F the engine needs to be off idle a little and by 130*F (too hot to touch for any length of time) you need 1400 rpm or more or there is no power steering at all and the steering "bucks" as you turn the wheel.

Every other hydraulic system works fine regardless of temperature.

/ Disapointed with KTC #55  
ASVGUY

The strange thing about it was that this was the first winter that it happened . I have had the same oil in it now for the past 3 winters. Tractor gets most use during the summer early fall. Not a lot of hours on it by no means about 320 now as the only use I have around the house for is snow clearing. otherwise is used up around the cottage for ditching and land clearing and such.

Am only a couple of hours on the machine since I changed the oil. I was told there may be some water in the lines also so with this change we will see this winter.

I have a B2630 model .

/ Disapointed with KTC #56  
ModMech:

I don't care which dealers did not help you. What I am interested in is who your local dealer is (or one you would like to work with). I happen to work in the east texas area and I am just curious, I know several people at alot of TX locations (training and etc.) and maybe I could be of some service in finding out if there is a fix.

/ Disapointed with KTC
Ohhhh, sorry!

I have had good advice from Bagley Tractor in LV before and the Tyler dealer, both are a good drive east of me, but I am near both often while working.

/ Disapointed with KTC #58  
There is a bulletin (PSB-2002-045) that address this issue. You may or may not need it. It only applies to HSD (hydrostats). If you will private message me your serial number, I will tell you if you need the kit based on the serial number breaks.

/ Disapointed with KTC #59  
To somewhat paraphrase the old Dell computer ad: Dude, you bought a used tractor.

I am assuming that you didn't pay the price of a new tractor for a used one. If you pay the new price you get a warranty, however many keys the manufacturer typically provides, nice crisp new manuals, etc. When you buy used you are somewhat taking your chances, and saving some money over buying new.

If you are indeed sophisticated you should have been able to do some research and turn up this potential problem. You bought from an individual, and an individual typically isn't going to look at you as a potential future tractor customer like a dealer may.

I agree that someone from Kubota should have contacted you and at least given you contact information for a local dealer, or at a minimum suggested that you contact a local dealer. I can understand your frustration at not getting any type of reply. I've developed real estate and built homes for years. If we received some type of contact from a customer that bought one of our 10 year old homes that had, as an example, a problem with an appliance, they would at least get a reply expressing our regret that they are having a problem, along with contact information for a service facility. Whether they buy one of our homes new or not, we still feel a responsibility to be responsive and helpful. It certainly helps a reputation.

At this point I would think the best thing to do would be to try a new dealer and explain the problem to their service department and see what type of help they can offer. Don't assume that because they say they aren't familiar with your paticular problem that they're lying. There is a good chance that someone there knows more about your tractors systems than you do and can help you if approached the right way. The dealer didn't sell you the tractor or make a dime off of you, but their service department should be there to make money too. Hopefully they will be willing to help you figure out what is wrong.

/ Disapointed with KTC
There is a bulletin (PSB-2002-045) that address this issue. You may or may not need it. It only applies to HSD (hydrostats). If you will private message me your serial number, I will tell you if you need the kit based on the serial number breaks.

Yup, that's it!

Kubota Service Bulletin # PSB-2002-045 (Date: 08-27-200) describes the complaint and needed repair. I won't post the document as it would violate their copyright, but I have written up the jest of it for the later 2410s.

1) Drain fluid from HST
2) Remove steering wheel and console to access steering box
3) Remove return hose from steering box
4) Shorten hose to ~3", install pin into hose and clamp in place (Ts to return pipe)
5) Route length of new hose to underseat area - CAUTION, KEEP hose free of moving components and pinch-points!
6) Remove seat, and top transmission cover (some bracketing will need to be removed/repositioned as well)
7) Obtain a 90* fitting (hose barb x NPT)
8) Drill hole in top transmission cover (or use new KTC part w/threaded hole) and thread for fitting
9) Install a 90* fitting into the top trans cover w/sealant (alternately use SAE o-ring type 90* fitting)
10) Connect hose from PS return to fitting with a clamp
11) Install cover
12) Refill and purge system

Problem solved.

That is the "cliff notes" version, basically you are routing the PS return flow back to the HST instead of to the PS pump directly.

Texas... thanks, a friend of mine got it from a dealer SM he knows as well, your info matches what was provided to me and the complaint with associated repair.