Disapointed with KTC

/ Disapointed with KTC
BTW...

A "defect" is defined as a problem (material or workmanship) that existed at the time of manufacture or design.

Clearly, this problem IS A DEFECT and one that affeects a "life or limb" system, the steering.

/ Disapointed with KTC #62  
All:

Let's not lose sight of one thing, all I *expected* was a return communication, maybe indicating a "local" dealer with experience with the problem who could accurately diagnose and get it fixed or provide guidance as to what parts I need to fix it.

I am MOST disappointed that KTC has refused to acknowledge my communication with them, no reply AT ALL. I did not at the time of my message to them and definately do not now, expect KTC to "do anything" about the problem. Their failure, or as I see it, refusal to acknowledge my complaint is not only poor business but discourteous.

As I indicated earlier, I am not interested in naming those dealers that have been less than helpful, primarily because that will not accomplish anything useful.

fiddler:

This is a problem that occurs when the fluid is warmed up to hot and at low engine speeds. There is no "power" in power steering when this happens. It does not take much running to duplicate the problem, the hotter the fluid gets the higher the engine speeds need to be to keep the power steering working.

I am estimating a little, but with "room temp" fluid and the engine at idle everything is fine, with fluid at about 120*F the engine needs to be off idle a little and by 130*F (too hot to touch for any length of time) you need 1400 rpm or more or there is no power steering at all and the steering "bucks" as you turn the wheel.

Every other hydraulic system works fine regardless of temperature.

I just saw this thread and it reminded me of some others I've seen in the past. You wrote to Kubota and did not receive a response and now you are upset and you are beating them up on a public forum.

How do you know "that KTC has refused to acknowledge my communication with them" ? Did you send a registered letter? To what address, on what date? How did you follow up with KTC? It's possible that your letter might not have reached KTC for a variety of reasons. It's possible that Kubota sent you an email and it ended up in your spam folder or was otherwise blocked on your end.

I have contacted KTC before and was successful. I used the form on their website and it might take a few days but I did get a courteous informative response, via email and phone.

Contact Kubota

/ Disapointed with KTC #63  
I just saw this thread and it reminded me of some others I've seen in the past. You wrote to Kubota and did not receive a response and now you are upset and you are beating them up on a public forum.

How do you know "that KTC has refused to acknowledge my communication with them" ? Did you send a registered letter? To what address, on what date? How did you follow up with KTC? It's possible that your letter might not have reached KTC for a variety of reasons. It's possible that Kubota sent you an email and it ended up in your spam folder or was otherwise blocked on your end.

I have contacted KTC before and was successful. I used the form on their website and it might take a few days but I did get a courteous informative response, via email and phone.

Contact Kubota

Glad to hear it. If you can't get "good will" coverage, perhaps the would at least ship the parts at no charge. It's work a try, IMO.

Good luck,

My Hoe

/ Disapointed with KTC #64  
if the steering on your car went out would you expect the manufacturer to fix it on a ten year old car???? fact of the matter when buying used they are sold as is with NO WARRANTY
so stop your cryin and just fix it

Last edited:
   / Disapointed with KTC #65  
if the steering on your car went out would you expect the manufacturer to fix it on a ten year old car???? fact of the matter when buying used they are sold as is with NO WARRANTY
so stop your cryin and just fix it

Interesting question that I am qualified to answer...

As a rule, safety issue service campaigns and/or recalls do not expire.