Ditch Witch

/ Ditch Witch #1  

Dwellonroof

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 3046r
I'm thinking about buying a ditch witch with trencher and backhoe combo it's probably an older model 3610dd I don't know the year but he guy said it is under 1000 hours.
Any thoughts on these ?
What to look for prier to purchase ?
It is a diesel 3 cylinder he said so is it air cooled or water?
Thanks in advance.

/ Ditch Witch #2  
I'm thinking about buying a ditch witch with trencher and backhoe combo it's probably an older model 3610dd I don't know the year but he guy said it is under 1000 hours.
Any thoughts on these ?
What to look for prier to purchase ?
It is a diesel 3 cylinder he said so is it air cooled or water?
Thanks in advance.

Great machine...I have the model (3610) where the back hoe station is centered rather than offset on the right side...

only issue is visibility using the 6 way blade...

Equipment Specifications for a Ditch Witch 3610

/ Ditch Witch #3  
Was watching Andrew Camarata's youtube channel yesterday and he bought an older Ditchwitch but with a rock wheel. Had several glitches he had to fix and a short learning curve before he was able to get a job done with it.

/ Ditch Witch
I;m now looking at a RT40 it looks newer maybe 2005 year with 950 hrs. the other one the owner didn't text me the serial number so I'm not interested.

/ Ditch Witch #5  
I too watched Andrew with his rock wheel. I'm not sure it's wise to own such used equipment. He made repairs. First job, machine broke down. Believe me, I'v been there. You can make a living with a couple of pieces of newish equipment. Why burdon oneself with dozens of old relics?

Gotta love the Creeper gears in those Ditch Witches. I miss that on a tractor I used to have. Get off the machine and let the machine do it's thing. Adjust the steering once in a while.

Last edited:
   / Ditch Witch
I purchased the RT40 now waiting on delivery hopefully one day next week.
BTW this one also has a boring attachment. 123_1.jpeg

/ Ditch Witch #7  
It hard to see from the pic but it looks like it might also have the additional valve set that lets you work the 6 way blade and move the machine both forward and backward from the back hoe station...(in mobile drive)...these machines have two drive methods...gear and hydro...!

/ Ditch Witch
It hard to see from the pic but it looks like it might also have the additional valve set that lets you work the 6 way blade and move the machine both forward and backward from the back hoe station...(in mobile drive)...these machines have two drive methods...gear and hydro...!

Yes it does and also the drilling tool and 100' of rod.
I used it at my oldest sons house to put in 90' of sump pump line and it did great but only needed to trench 2' deep, Soon I'll be off to my youngest sons place to install 1200' of water line in Mt. Olivet, Kentucky.

/ Ditch Witch
Started the project and ran into rock big rock so had to quit trenching and use the hoe. After about 200’ sprang a hydraulic leak as line rubbed on motor mount , ordered new hose $75 shipped and off to install. Installed hose and back at it but had flat tire which only needed new inner tube.

62144964014__B392A774-7C09-44FD-96FA-E2A9699367BA.JPGIMG_0565.JPG

/ Ditch Witch #10  
That rock doesn’t look that bad and you’ve got a rock chain to boot. I’ve ditched through worse with a similar trencher. Mine doesn’t have a backhoe but it kinda needs one for digging the end of the line out. Does the backhoe on these work pretty good or is it more clumsy than useful?