Ditch Witch

/ Ditch Witch
The backhoe works really well as far as the rock chain the bits keep coming out and at a creeping pace the engine will stall because of jamming,some of the rock are very large limestone and hard. Maybe I should go slower and maybe saw through the rock I’m not sure.

/ Ditch Witch
Finally got the water installed except for completing the backfill since I blew a hose on the blade which was my fault because I seen it was a rub problem prior but forgot about it.
IMG_0571.JPGIMG_0577.JPG
I did have about 100’ where I could trench really well but besides that I had to use the backhoe.

/ Ditch Witch #14  
That’s a mess. I hope you’re taking precautions to not bust the line with that much rock. When I’m dealing with one that bad I usually put different dirt in the bottom and a little bit over the pipe. If it was a short run I might put the line in conduit but I’d hate to buy 1600 foot of it. IMG_8975.JPG

/ Ditch Witch
I'm looking for a smaller bucket to put on the Ditch Witch, say 12" or maybe 9" would I have to purchase a Ditch Witch bucket or are there universal buckets that would fit ?

/ Ditch Witch #16  
Might be. Measure pin size and spacing (width and separation) and look around for something that matches.

Aaron Z