DIY forks

/ DIY forks #11  
Hmmm, Unique way of making those wooden forks. They might be OK for the occasional light duty work, but it would be easy to overwhelm them. I like the concept of quickly just pounding them in, and only supporting the back.

I made these a while ago out of used forklift forks that I had picked up.

tusks-jpg.315365

It looks like I've had them on my tractor for just shy of 10 years now, and haven't found a need to remove them yet. Nor have I managed to damage them.

/ DIY forks #12  
Wait, haven't found a need to remove them, from the bucket, at all? Does that mean you basically don't need a bucket on your tractor? Keep doing what works, just curious.

/ DIY forks #13  
Wait, haven't found a need to remove them, from the bucket, at all? Does that mean you basically don't need a bucket on your tractor? Keep doing what works, just curious.
I don't do a lot of digging or moving dirt with the tractor. Perhaps that will change this summer, although I'm now starting a project of restoring an older Bobcat 610, which may be the new dirt machine.

However, the forks are handy for hauling stuff around, unloading, etc.

Sometimes some tilling or mowing. The forks stick out a bit, but I'd rather have them on the tractor then off.

The last scooping manure I did was with Mom's tractor. ;)

There might be benefits of a fork specific bucket attachment. One thing that bothers me is that I can't see the forks from the tractor seat. Also shortening the reach slightly would help with heavy loads.

/ DIY forks #14  
Be careful with home made forks, you can put loads into the bucket for which it was not designed. Two risks: Worst, the attachment breaks unexpectedly, and drops your load and maybe recoils the loader/tractor. Or, you just bend the bucket. I have the proper JD dealer purchased forks for my 1025R, and I still managed to slightly bend the fork frame while lifting a too large log. You build a light arrangement, promising yourself that you'll only lift light loads, but then you lift something too heavy. Buying the proper fork attachment will be lest costly than breaking something unintended.

If you must, space the forks as wide as practical to spread the load away from the middle of the bucket, which is the least strong.

/ DIY forks #15  
Built this set back in 2006. Still going strong in spite of criminal abuse.

Attachments

• Fork_Lift 028 2022-06-29 22_41_07.JPG
    Fork_Lift 028 2022-06-29 22_41_07.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 111
   / DIY forks #16  
Interesting topic! We love to see your innovative ideas on making your own forklifts. If you are looking for something which is more robust, check out Artillian Attachments for pallet fork frames and forks.
Happy lifting!
-Curtis Industries LLC

Attachments

• BOTH TINES.jpg
    BOTH TINES.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 88