DIY forks

/ DIY forks #1  

Marauder

Tractor
Kioti CX2510 HST
I haven't tried it buy looks like a good short term and quick idea.

/ DIY forks #4  
An idea I've been meaning to try is to make some light duty forks out of axle shafts from a truck axle.

AXD75786-1X-33-4.jpg

/ DIY forks #5  
These were on another TBN thread. They are a little more robust, and would work for hauling brush.

Wood Forks.jpg

/ DIY forks #6  
That axle would make a dandy bale spear. My pry bar for 45 years has been an old Dodge car torsion bar. One end shaped into a spoon shape, other end is quite comfortable to handle. Truck front torsion bars would also be unbreakable for a cut fork system.

/ DIY forks #7  
I'm with Dale on using wood; I like things that don't break when I use 'em, are adaptable for multiple tasks/conditions, and aren't in the way when I DON'T need 'em.

The forks in the pic are of .187" wall 2x6 rectangular tube and can pick up one end of an empty 40' container (typically 5000 lbs per end) - the gray tubes are .250" wall 2" tube and are pairs of 30", 4' and 6' long with holes in various places for 5/8" pins.

This setup was to move several piles of "brush" from a tree cleanup and "widowmaker" abatement (project also included a rented 85' manlift), the gray tubes were to keep piles from dumping on the hood of the 580B.

The loader bucket has ZERO hooks welded, instead there are 7 receiver tubes welded on and ANYTHING I can imagine just gets plugged into one or more receivers. Not too practical for a CUT, but works for a full size backhoe... Steve

Attachments

• BrushForks2.jpg
    BrushForks2.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 216
   / DIY forks #9  

Attachments

• quick change 025.JPG
    quick change 025.JPG
    641.2 KB · Views: 321
2x2 steel tubing and trailer hitch receivers. Need a little more clearance than normal forks but still lift most anything and used left over materials

/ DIY forks #10  
My second set: