DIY home built scraper pan plans?

/ DIY home built scraper pan plans? #11  
db_scraper6.jpgdb_scraper6.jpg
Here's a mini version of some of the big ones we used. Most the really big ones were "double barreled" with an engine in back also and to be sure they got a full load, a D9 Cat pusher behind them.
I loved working with the scrapers as as long as I didn't have to operate them. You can move and accurately place a lot of dirt in a hurry, but they not only bounce your guts out, but will quickly bounce you out too if your seat belt isn't fastened.

Hoelscher Commercial Products - DB Scraper

/ DIY home built scraper pan plans?
I've spent many an hour watching pan scrapers at work. GM TS14s, TS 24 Cat 627, 631, & 637. Cat 60 and 435 tow scrapers and more recently twin Reynolds scrapers behind a big Case IH Quad trac. IIRC, there were several cable scrapers and the rest hydraulic. Most of the hydraulic scrapers had at least 3 hydraulic circuits cut, apron, and ejector. The cable scrapers had 2 cables one for cut/blade height and the other for the apron and ejector.

FWIW, I've watched push dozers like D8K/H, D9G/H, D10H with the 627, 621, and 631 scrapers. Some using cushioned push pads others not. The most unconventional combo was a Cat 85 Challenger using a Cat 140H grader to push... Worked great.

Sadly, my present tow tractors have no hydralics of a single circuit and I'll be working alone, so no push unit....

/ DIY home built scraper pan plans? #13  
If you do a "Overland Scraper" image search on Google, you will see one like mine, in fact a couple of the pictures are of mine. It does have a stop/catch in the half dump position to grade out after dumping, or just general grading. I've used it to grade the driveway, and works great for that..

If your tractor has a 3PH you could build something along the lines of the "Overland Scraper" they appear to work well.