DK35 Dead - Won't Start

/ DK35 Dead - Won't Start #112  
Yep full credit. but I mentioned it about 5 times too, and so did some other guys before I even started in on this thread. And Don came up with the hazards on and right side bulbs burned out to explain the "turn signal" left lamp on and cannot be turned off by centering the combination switch. Of course all of this and the clicking flasher unit were just red herrings to mask the real problem of an intermittent/high resistance ground strap.

James K0UA

Exactly, and what about my post on #88. Sometimes I wonder if it is worth suggesting anything at times. OPs get bombarded with suggestions and their minds start racing, all the time with the worry of their beast not starting. The battery is the source of all evil in a machine. Always start there. Then step by step. Glad it is all going.

/ DK35 Dead - Won't Start #113  
Exactly, and what about my post on #88. Sometimes I wonder if it is worth suggesting anything at times. OPs get bombarded with suggestions and their minds start racing, all the time with the worry of their beast not starting. The battery is the source of all evil in a machine. Always start there. Then step by step. Glad it is all going.

If batteries are the root of all evil, then ground straps are the lower trunk, judging by the number of ground connection problems. It seems actual components like relays, starters, solenoids seem less likely than the connection problems.. But I agree there are probably more dead batteries than anything else.. A lot of guys think of battery problems in cold weather, but Hot weather is hard on them too, and can cause "shedding" of plate material and sudden battery failure.

James K0UA