DK35 Dead - Won't Start

/ DK35 Dead - Won't Start #23  
Thanks for the link and laugh, grsthegreat. :)
Maybe some people :p should stay on the site that features the tractor they have.

But I like them all! :D

PS - I thought that comment was less than acceptable also...

David

/ DK35 Dead - Won't Start #24  
Re: DK35 Dead - Won't Start....nor will mine!

My dk35 has all the same symptoms and my slow blow fuse is fine. No ground or pos. issues to the solenoid. No battery issues.. got 12.228 V between posts and wires. No lights. Occasional turn signal and a few dash lights l when switched on, and irregular buzz and groaning noise after I turn off the ignition.

I'm thinking I have to take apart the console and test the switch, check wires, and look for mouse nests!...right? BTW, I do store my tractor outside under a tarp. Perfect mouse habitat.

/ DK35 Dead - Won't Start #25  
To the OP: Have you checked from the 60amp fuse through to the relays, harness, instrument cluster?
The key switch and its wiring have been problematic for some Kioti series and any series Kioti which is exposed to rain, moisture, etc., especially if the key switch does not have the plastic cover to keep water out. Good news is they are able to be disassembled and cleaned and will often solve a problem if that happens to be the issue.
Do you, and /or pafoodplotter hear a click from the relay on the firewall when you turn the key before it hits crank position?
If not then there is a problem with powering the timer relay which assists in starting the engine.

/ DK35 Dead - Won't Start #26  
To the OP: Have you checked from the 60amp fuse through to the relays, harness, instrument cluster?
The key switch and its wiring have been problematic for some Kioti series and any series Kioti which is exposed to rain, moisture, etc., especially if the key switch does not have the plastic cover to keep water out. Good news is they are able to be disassembled and cleaned and will often solve a problem if that happens to be the issue.
Do you, and /or pafoodplotter hear a click from the relay on the firewall when you turn the key before it hits crank position?
If not then there is a problem with powering the timer relay which assists in starting the engine.

The 60 amp fuse is not fried. No click..if anything delayed lights on the dash. What is causing the click?

Usually the brake, oil, and glow plug lights come on, but intermittent. Jiggling the key whilst in the start position does nothing. I believe my starter solonoid is ok but what about the starter? How do I kick the starter to make sure its not the problem.

So I'm thinking its time to take the console apart and look for a loose wire in the switch?

Thanks for your interest

/ DK35 Dead - Won't Start #27  
so no click = timer relay??

/ DK35 Dead - Won't Start #28  
The buzzing sound was likely a relay (in fact that is all it could be) Sounds like the power relay for the starter or main ignition relay is stuffed.

/ DK35 Dead - Won't Start #29  

My dk35 has all the same symptoms and my slow blow fuse is fine. No ground or pos. issues to the solenoid. No battery issues.. got 12.228 V between posts and wires. No lights. Occasional turn signal and a few dash lights l when switched on, and irregular buzz and groaning noise after I turn off the ignition.
Thats exactly what my DK35 did when the battery went bad. (groan under the dash and all)
You need to do a load test on the battery. My battery showed 12+ volts also, but on a load tester it fell straight off.

/ DK35 Dead - Won't Start #30  

Thats exactly what my DK35 did when the battery went bad. (groan under the dash and all)
You need to do a load test on the battery. My battery showed 12+ volts also, but on a load tester it fell straight off.

My thoughts exactly. If you have a helper and a digital voltmeter you can test this yourself. put the digital voltmeter leads directly on the battery posts.. not the connectors, but directly on the battery post. this will eliminate any possible high resistance connections messing up this test.. Now have the helper operate the key and try to start the tractor.. I am betting your voltage will drop to 8 or less volts. If so your battery is bad. If it stays above 10.5 or so with a starter load on it, your OK.. of course in your case the starter never turns over even. Just because a battery measures above 12 volts in a static condition does NOT mean the battery is good. Batteries can have a high internal resistance and under a normal load can drop to very low voltages, and will come right back to above 12 volts with no load.

James K0UA