Do any 3 pt hitches provide downforce?

/ Do any 3 pt hitches provide downforce? #42  
Not sure if available on all models of the JD 4000 series but know it is optional on at least on the 4066R.

/ Do any 3 pt hitches provide downforce? #43  
Only those equipped with Fast Hitch which is not three point hitch. Yes, there are adapters, but it is still not a true three point.

true, close as your are going to get - will lift the entire rear of the tractor off the ground too, i believe the last of them were on the 560, i know my 706 does not have it on its fast hitch.

I havent had any TRUE three point device i was not unable to hook up to on my farmalls - cat 1 or 2 all fit fine with my adapter arms and top link.

/ Do any 3 pt hitches provide downforce? #44  
true, close as your are going to get - will lift the entire rear of the tractor off the ground too, i believe the last of them were on the 560, i know my 706 does not have it on its fast hitch.

I havent had any TRUE three point device i was not unable to hook up to on my farmalls - cat 1 or 2 all fit fine with my adapter arms and top link.

756 and 856 had fast hitch as an option. Yes, the adapters work but your Farmalls don’t have three point hitch.

/ Do any 3 pt hitches provide downforce? #45  
sorry maybe i mistyped - the 560 fast hitch was the last that had down pressure the 706/756/856 i do not believe had down pressure on their fast hitch if you opted for it. My 706 has fast hitch and it does NOT have down pressure, I dont believe the fast hitch on the 656 did either. The 3 point on the 656/706/7-856 didnt either.

and yes technically they are NOT a true 3 point they are much better than a 3 point in my opinion for a lot of reasons - Fast Fwd to standardization of the 3 point system and yes it was adopted like the SSQA and the guys that had their own for a while had to adapt.

A few tractors like JD are trying to stay proprietary but you can get adapters just like 3 point adapters for a tractor.

/ Do any 3 pt hitches provide downforce? #46  
The newer JD 4000R series tractors have 3pt down pressure as an option. As far as your auger, just get a hydraulic down pressure kit for it and you should never want for down pressure again. ;)

Sorry I missed you have already posted this info. Would not have posted had I not missed this when I first read the thread.

/ Do any 3 pt hitches provide downforce? #47  
Sorry I missed you have already posted this info. Would not have posted had I not missed this when I first read the thread.

they have made down pressure kits for augers for years but they werent hydraulic they were a rod u hung on to help it get into the ground however you may be sorry when it sinks and binds up and you cant get it back out LOL

they are a joy to dig out!!

/ Do any 3 pt hitches provide downforce? #48  
I had an Allis Chalmers 720 (20 HP) at one time with down pressure on the 3PH. It was handy 99% of the time but the 1% was with a rototiller that could launch the tractor forward rather quickly. A conventional 3PH with no down pressure would not be prone to this scenario due to the floating action. I don't believe draft control would have any effect either way.

With that said, there are times that down pressure on the 3PH is very handy. The argument against it that I've heard quite often is that down pressure on the 3PH will simply lift the tractor and cause loss of traction. That would be true if not used with discretion.

/ Do any 3 pt hitches provide downforce? #49  
I had an Allis Chalmers 720 (20 HP) at one time with down pressure on the 3PH. It was handy 99% of the time but the 1% was with a rototiller that could launch the tractor forward rather quickly. A conventional 3PH with no down pressure would not be prone to this scenario due to the floating action. I don't believe draft control would have any effect either way.

With that said, there are times that down pressure on the 3PH is very handy. The argument against it that I've heard quite often is that down pressure on the 3PH will simply lift the tractor and cause loss of traction. That would be true if not used with discretion.

The ones that argue that they would lose traction from the down force have never used an IH with the fast hitch.
It is a false statement the effect of down pressure can be negated by the draft control or the operator,
as well as it the hookup of the implement.

As far as your tiller could be I don't have one or use one, I would expect it to be correct with a forward rotating tiller,
I would expect the counter or rear rotation wouldn't be affected in the same manner.

/ Do any 3 pt hitches provide downforce? #50  
A gear drive tractor with 3PH downforce probably wouldn't be affected much by the forward rotating tiller like a hydrostat is. Draft control to my way of thinking provides no down force and only causes upforce when the draft of the implement exceeds the preset on the draft control.