Do any 3 pt hitches provide downforce?

/ Do any 3 pt hitches provide downforce? #31  
All 3 of my 3-pt's have down pressure. ---I wouldnt own one that didn't!

/ Do any 3 pt hitches provide downforce? #32  

Do you have to put it in float manually every time you lower it?

I’d probably forget 1/2 the time and wreck every attachment when I went through a dip and tried to support the weight of the tractor on the attachment’s brackets.
or forget to be in 4 wheel drive so I would sit there with the back wheels spinning off the ground.

/ Do any 3 pt hitches provide downforce? #33  
I just wish mine would drive itself down while empty so I didn't have to put a foot on one of the arms.

/ Do any 3 pt hitches provide downforce?
I just wish mine would drive itself down while empty so I didn't have to put a foot on one of the arms.

OK. Dumb question I guess, but I gotta ask. Are you on the tractor when you do this, or off it?

/ Do any 3 pt hitches provide downforce? #35  

May I ask what brand/model tractors you have that have down pressure on 3 pt hitch?
Thanks,Jim

/ Do any 3 pt hitches provide downforce? #36  

Just turn that knob between your legs and it will speed up.

/ Do any 3 pt hitches provide downforce? #37  
International 300 Utility has positive down pressure. Nice for blade, post hole digger or if you want to sit the brushhog down on some stubborn trees.

/ Do any 3 pt hitches provide downforce? #38  
all my belarus' have down force, about a 3 inch cylinder on the three point, maybe 8,000 pounds down force ?? it will lift the back of the tractor off the ground ...
i use two tractors , in just the two positions, basically the 'up' position, and the 'float' position for three point mowers .. i never have used the 'position' mode, or any others [the finish mower has four wheels, and the rough cut [woods] doesn't have any ..

Last edited:
   / Do any 3 pt hitches provide downforce? #40  
lotsa farmalls do