Do I need a bigger trailer?

/ Do I need a bigger trailer? #11  
Brady - Load it backwards and see what happens. Your F150 springs may be a little light for it??

/ Do I need a bigger trailer? #12  
I will try backwards next time. The springs are definitely too light on my F150. Any ideas how to beef up? Helper springs would probably be best route but would make the ride a little stiffer. The local trailer shop advised rubber "bushings" (that's what they look like anyway) that cushion between frame and body (I think). That would preserve the ride but keep truck from bottoming out. Any downsides?

/ Do I need a bigger trailer? #13  
I was reading the new Summit Racing Equipment (summitracing.com) catalog and saw air spring kits that mount by adding a bracket to the frame and add up to 2500# capacity per the ad. They had 2 or 3 different types. cost about $150 - $200. They are charged w/air hose and can be deflated when not needed.

Gene

/ Do I need a bigger trailer? #14  
Other option, add leafs to your springs, several shops have sources that can/do this, another is locating 3/4 ton leaf springs and installing them in place of the stock 1/2 ton springs (be sure mating diameters/bolts are the same)