Do-it yourself bedliner

/ Do-it yourself bedliner #1  

schoolsout

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1533
not sure if this is the right place, but figured this is a "project" :)

Looking to do a bedliner in the bed of my Yamaha Rhino...
Anyone ever used a do-it yourself bedliner? Scorpion was recommended to me by our parts dept here, but looking for input from others as well.

/ Do-it yourself bedliner #2  
I applied a do-it-yourself bedliner on my 1999 Ford F150 when it was brand new. Its been so long that I can't even remember the brand name I used, but it was the typical stuff. I scuffed up my bed and then 'painted' the material on. 12 years later and its still holding up rather well.

/ Do-it yourself bedliner
I chumped out this go 'round and just bought the bedliner spray paint by Rustoleum. I figure I can always go back and do the roll-on type later on in life. Main reason for doing this was all the other stuff I had to do to the Rhino to get her back up to snuff...money seems to be going out faster than it comes in.

/ Do-it yourself bedliner #4  
I have used this on several different types of beds. I have it on my flat bed trailer, box/job trailer floor, trackhoe , hammer handles, etc. It is great. You can get it in smooth or textured. In just about any color. It has stood up to everything except the trackhoe grapple unloading brush. I really didn't expect it to take that. durabakcompany.com

Last edited:
   / Do-it yourself bedliner #5  
I did the floorboard of my RTV900 last summer using herculiner. So far so good. I went ahead this summer and did the inside of the bed. Fairly easy to use but you will want to use nitrile gloves when you are putting it on as this stuff is hard to get off your skin. Acetone will eventually get it off but its easier to just wear the gloves and avoid the headache.

/ Do-it yourself bedliner #6  
not sure if this is the right place, but figured this is a "project" :)

Looking to do a bedliner in the bed of my Yamaha Rhino...
Anyone ever used a do-it yourself bedliner? Scorpion was recommended to me by our parts dept here, but looking for input from others as well.

I've heard of Scorpion but haven't used it. When i do my truck bed, rocker panels, diesel fuel transfer tank and a bunch of other stuff, I'll be using Al's Liner. Google it or go to Al's Liner. DIY Truck Bed Liners! I've done a lot of research and the $100 a gallon is well worth it.

Whatever you decide to go with, let us know what you used and how it turned out....plus you have to show pictures!

/ Do-it yourself bedliner
I think Al's is made by Scorpion. The Rustoleum stuff I did already has a few nicks in it where the shop set something in the back and it banged around a bit. Going to leave the Rustoleum stuff on for now...but wishing I went ahead and spent the money on the real stuff...

/ Do-it yourself bedliner #8  
Best on the market is Raptor. Get it on Ebay. Getting ready to do a 1 ton 2007 Dmax in the next few weeks.

Its spray on and comes wit the gun. Priced right.

Anything brush on in no where near the quality of a spray on.

Chris

/ Do-it yourself bedliner #9  
Just don't get it on your hootus...

/ Do-it yourself bedliner #10  
I second the Raptor Liner off of ebay. I did the inside of my jeep with it last year and it still looks great and holds up to me beating up the inside of it.