Do These Actually Work...

/ Do These Actually Work... #61  
I've tried a lot of sharpeners, but the only one that has given consistent results is the Stihl 2 in 1.
I didn't think I'd learn anything from the video, but I was wrong. I think that using the vise would make it even faster.

I currently sharpen my chain on the tailgate of my Mule. I use the sharpie to mark the first link, but it's always a bit of a battle keeping the chain in the right position, and moving the chain along to the next link.

I might even buy a cheap vise to dedicate for this use and mount it out in my shed where I keep my saw.

Thanks for sharing the video!!!

/ Do These Actually Work... #62  
The Chinese are good at copying something and selling it for less.. Problem is, the quality suffers.

/ Do These Actually Work... #63  
The Chinese are good at copying something and selling it for less.. Problem is, the quality suffers.
I have a friend who purchased what he refers to as his Chinese Stihl and is quite happy with it. He uses regular bar and chain oil in it instead of motor oil. He says the instructions are also similar to Stihl‘s on using 90 octane gas.

/ Do These Actually Work... #64  
The problem with these low dollar versions is the tolerances they are built with are quite low. They might work, they might not but there longevity will not be good.

/ Do These Actually Work...
The problem with these low dollar versions is the tolerances they are built with are quite low. They might work, they might not but there longevity will not be good.
What you have to understand is the Chinese are really good at manufacturing to specification.... Cheap specifications, cheap product, top quality specification, top quality producr.... Consumer market determins quality....

/ Do These Actually Work... #66  
Cheap always equals cheap. Why I bought the Conus fuel polishing bases for my M9's (you cannot screw them up) and genuine Racor Water Block 30 micron elements, made in USA. The filters cost more than the bases actually. Just bought a Chinese chain saw to replace the Echo top handle I ran over with the truck (my bad). Was cheap and I don't expect to last long but I can buy 3 for the cost of one Echo. Of I ran over one of my Stihl's, I'd be heartbroken.

Sometimes you can get descent Chinese stuff but not very often.

/ Do These Actually Work...
Cheap always equals cheap. Why I bought the Conus fuel polishing bases for my M9's (you cannot screw them up) and genuine Racor Water Block 30 micron elements, made in USA. The filters cost more than the bases actually. Just bought a Chinese chain saw to replace the Echo top handle I ran over with the truck (my bad). Was cheap and I don't expect to last long but I can buy 3 for the cost of one Echo. Of I ran over one of my Stihl's, I'd be heartbroken.

Sometimes you can get descent Chinese stuff but not very often.
Sort of sounds like HF Predator motor on my wood splitter, I replaced a B&S 5 hp because the repair parts for the B&S were more than HF motor, and can replace HF motor at least two more times for what a new B&S or Honda costs and still be ahead dollar wise....

/ Do These Actually Work... #68  
OK, I'll admit to purchasing one of these... I'm a sucker for a 'gadget' and the price was cheap. Yes, there were several different 'sellers' on Facebook spruiking the same product.

It arrived in a reasonable time. I haven't tried it out yet.

But I HAVE IT!!! 😄 [Note: See above reference to "sucker for a 'gadget'"]
The Gamin was the original but no longer made and I had one and misplaced it. Same principle, carbide burr aligned with the tooth angle. The Timberline is as good actually.

Don't buy squat on Farcebook. That is a worthless site of people gossiping.

/ Do These Actually Work... #69  
I didn't think I'd learn anything from the video, but I was wrong. I think that using the vise would make it even faster.

I currently sharpen my chain on the tailgate of my Mule. I use the sharpie to mark the first link, but it's always a bit of a battle keeping the chain in the right position, and moving the chain along to the next link.

I might even buy a cheap vise to dedicate for this use and mount it out in my shed where I keep my saw.

Thanks for sharing the video!!!
I keep an old bar to hold the chain in my bench vise. I also grind a tiny notch on the side of one tooth to avoid using a marker each time and it's easier to see.

/ Do These Actually Work... #70  
I use a file most times but I also have a grinder for damaged chains or for when I want to get teeth back to sake length.

I can get chains pretty nice with a grinder but I dress the wheel regularly and I don't sell chains. I've never found anyone else to sharpen chains to my satisfaction.