Do you know what the purple paint law is?

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is?
I get to live that dream about once every 2-3 weeks.
As much as I hate dealing with Charlotte's traffic (although I-77 has gotten a lot better since they installed more lanes), I'll take Charlotte over Philly any time of the day ;)

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #222  
I have to laugh... the only time traveling that I've EVER really been scared in my life was driving the wrong bridge over Philly into Camden NJ at around 0100. At the time, same car I drove to BFE in WV and NY.

Camden is bad.

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #223  
Brings back memories from late 1970s when I was young, traveling a lot and stupid.

We were going to NY for work. Three 20 something kids out of school and doing an audit.

To save time, we flew into Newark - arriving about 10pm in November. Got rental car and headed out. Got lost. No GPS back in the day. Paper maps from rental counter.

Was driving around the most burned out, abandoned car littered, graffiti plagued, bars on doors and windows and boarded up place I’d ever seen. That means something coming from STL.

Luckily it was cold and we saw nobody. No cars, no police presence no signs of any life. No businesses were open if you could even tell it was a business. Finally, found the interstate ramp.

Never forget that experience.

MoKelly

I’ve taken the train to Newark a few times. Not a good area either.

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #224  
   / Do you know what the purple paint law is? #225  
I’ve taken the train to Newark a few times. Not a good area either.
Unfortunately, we have done many projects in the immediate Newark area; that is one of the roughest cities hands down. We usually leave a man outside to watch the trucks and tools. Believe it or not, there are some very high dollar areas just minutes from Newark.

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #226  
Look at Real estate in down town Detroit. It looks like Berlin after the war. You can buy a city block for almost nothing. Only catch is you have a rather short time to either knock it down and replace or fix up what’s there.

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #227  
Look at Real estate in down town Detroit. It looks like Berlin after the war. You can buy a city block for almost nothing. Only catch is you have a rather short time to either knock it down and replace or fix up what’s there.
Had to work in Detroit once, 2 months... never again.

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #228  

Why only a short time? A government rule?

MoKelly

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #229  
Hope that helps? Do you also own property in Texas?
Nope, other than having passed thru the panhandle once back in the 70s on a road trip, never even been there. Was just curious. Water rights in western states can be weird.

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #230  
Why only a short time? A government rule?

MoKelly

Some sort of half governmental entity auctions it off. But one can’t just sit on it. Detroit land bank maybe?