Do you Text message while driving the tractor

/ Do you Text message while driving the tractor #21  
once again my appologies I understand using all caps is considered yelling . wasnt my intention , i cant spell either if anyone wants to point that out . :rolleyes: . & I type with both hands using one finger on both . Didnt mean to offend anyone .

just makes my point stronger though imo . good to see we have grammer police & safety police to keep everyone in line. :D

/ Do you Text message while driving the tractor #23  
I don't, but perhaps for a different reason. I used my MP3 player with my worktunes earmuffs last time mowing (BTW, kind of a poor excuse for MP3 input in those). Anyway, when done I found that the fine dust from mowing had gotten into the keys on my player. It was in my pocket, but not sealed. It's fine, but my lesson is learned. I'll keep my electronics in a ziplock while mowing, which pretty much precludes texting. Of course, there are many other reasons, as others have already mentioned.

/ Do you Text message while driving the tractor #24  
once again my appologies I understand using all caps is considered yelling . wasnt my intention , i cant spell either if anyone wants to point that out . :rolleyes: . & I type with both hands using one finger on both . Didnt mean to offend anyone .

just makes my point stronger though imo . good to see we have grammer police & safety police to keep everyone in line. :D

BTW, I wasn't trying to get on you, no problems with the caps.

:cool:

/ Do you Text message while driving the tractor #25  
Sounds like a very dangerous thing to do.

Ralph

/ Do you Text message while driving the tractor #26  
I really don't see how someone could concentrate on texting while trying to operate a tractor at the same time. It's tough enough to drive a car (with auto trans) and talk on cell phone at the same time, which I have done in the past myself. I'm sure if you were like bushhogging an old meadow or field and you weren't really trying to make it look nice, you could get away with that. But, trying to text and keep some really straight rows at the same time?? To answer the question, no I don't text and drive at the same time. Just a dangerous thing to do, imho. If I need to use the phone, I stop the tractor.

/ Do you Text message while driving the tractor #27  
I''ll read a text but not text back. Too many things going on and kids around for safety.

/ Do you Text message while driving the tractor #28  
No texting for me. If I could, I wouldn't, but that is something that I don't need to worry about, cell phones don't work where I use my tractors. :D

/ Do you Text message while driving the tractor #29  
I can sometimes hear the phone ring while my tractor is running, most of the time it is not noticeable due to diesel.

If I want to make a call, I have to stop & shut off engine. A great safety feature.

I have never liked texting.

/ Do you Text message while driving the tractor #30  
My rule for cell phones and vehicles is, "Hang up and drive, or park and talk."

In other words...**** NO I don't yak/text and drive!