Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden?

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #31  
A friend in MN has a smaller fenced in garden too small for riding implements. He did not have a 6 ft fence. More like 4-ish and 2 ft above that a single wire. No deer in garden.

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #32  
We don't have a problem with deer in our gardens.
The bears keep them away.

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #33  
I have a 6 foot high tensile woven wire fence, with 2 wires on top, making a 7 1/2 ft total height Protecting my vineyard.

I have never had a deer jump it, but a couple of years ago, a cougar cleared it with ease about 40 feet from where I was working at the time. He clearly saw me, but was not concerned.

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #34  
I have a 6 foot high tensile woven wire fence, with 2 wires on top, making a 7 1/2 ft total height Protecting my vineyard.

I have never had a deer jump it, but a couple of years ago, a cougar cleared it with ease about 40 feet from where I was working at the time. He clearly saw me, but was not concerned.
I have similar (woven + 3 lines of barbless) around 1/2 of my property (the rest to follow this winter & spring), along with 2 lines of hot wire... on the outside. The hot wire is to keep bobcat & coyotes out, from snacking on the chickens.

The deer mostly stay out of my yard despite half of the property having 5' fence because the delicious parts are 200+ feet away from the low fence; the garden & orchard are more immediately protected and the deer don't seem to understand that hopping the low fence over there would get them to the good stuff over here.

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #35  
I did a 48’ x 64’ garden and use my CK3510 to till it. I take off the bucket and raise the loader up high (or you could take off the loader but I’m too lazy) and get as close as I can with my 60” tiller. Then I use a small gas tiller to do the edges. It is a pain but with practice and being careful it’s doable. My fence is 4’ made of 2x4’s and cattle panels

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #36  

Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden?​

NO, when my tractor see's a fence, it get's the shakes and starts running really poorly! It tries to go in reverse by itself!

I'm thinking my tractor was made in Mexico...

SR

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #37  
Basically if you have enough room, just size your garden for what you are going to have inside the fenced area, then allow enough room to maneuver your tractor around as needed. We have a fenced garden with six foot field fence with two gates. One that is big enough to allow the tractor through and a smaller gate at the other end. About 185' X 90'. Now...I just need to keep the missus from wanting more raised beds inside that will prevent me from having the room to turn the tractor around. No deer inside yet.

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #38  
Make it plenty big so you have room to maneuver your tractor. Leave a grassy area around the perimeter but inside the fence. Mow that grassy area with a riding mower. Make test runs with your tractor before you put the fence up; you'll know what you need for maneuvering room.

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #39  
As long as the deer can see what's on the other side of the
fence it will jump it. I have seen deer jump a 20 ft high
chain link fence with no problem.

You are not feeding the deer with the right stuff!
mix up a batch of very hot peppers, salt, vinegar
and spray your plants when the deer start to ear
your plants. It only takes one bite and they need
some water asap!

willy

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #40  
Whitetail. I've heard of them jumping 10 feet. A lot of people confuse them with an extra electrical wire about three feet off the ground and about that far from the real fence. Something about the multiple-barrier confuses 'em and they don't try. But I'm not looking to learn how to exclude the damned deer I'm looking for input on tractors in enclosed spaces.

I figure I'll use maybe ten feet on two sides and fifteen on one. I'll just mow that.

A 25 foot border might be better bet on the ends you're planning to turn around on. I don't start turns until my tiller comes out of the ground, then I start my turn radius. Maybe a practical method to determine the proper border would be to put whatever your tilling with on the back of the tractor, make a mark at the back of it, then lift it and turn 90 degrees and stop. Then measure how far out in front of the mark the farthest part of your tractor ends up being.