Do you want a smoother cut, softer ride, and longer tractor life? Check this out

/ Do you want a smoother cut, softer ride, and longer tractor life? Check this out #21  
Why don't tractors have suspension? Well, I guess cost and complexity for something that is low speed, and already has low pressure tires providing much suspension. High speed tractors do have complex suspension systems.

/ Do you want a smoother cut, softer ride, and longer tractor life? Check this out
Why don't tractors have suspension? Well, I guess cost and complexity for something that is low speed, and already has low pressure tires providing much suspension. High speed tractors do have complex suspension systems.

Yep, but simpler is usually better, no? This also treats the problem itself, rather than the symptoms of the problem, so-to-speak. It can be used with other suspensions as well

/ Do you want a smoother cut, softer ride, and longer tractor life? Check this out #23  
MTD has tried this...similar.
US09327553-20160503-D00004.png
Here is another idea...
US20110192128A1-20110811-D00003.png
Good luck with your invention...have you filed any patents?

/ Do you want a smoother cut, softer ride, and longer tractor life? Check this out #24  
I think he's got a good idea. Not sure how it could be applied to a drive wheel and not twist the center hub out. Have to be some real engineering there.

P.S. Watching the video in slow motion had me thinking he's got real bad wheel bearing. :laughing:

/ Do you want a smoother cut, softer ride, and longer tractor life? Check this out
MTD has tried this...similar.
View attachment 548487
Here is another idea...
View attachment 548494
Good luck with your invention...have you filed any patents?

patented with many claims on front and back wheel, separate patents.

I think he's got a good idea. Not sure how it could be applied to a drive wheel and not twist the center hub out. Have to be some real engineering there.

P.S. Watching the video in slow motion had me thinking he's got real bad wheel bearing. :laughing:

the rear wheel is the drive wheel in the slow-mo video upclose shots. the one that looks like a triangle in the center.

/ Do you want a smoother cut, softer ride, and longer tractor life? Check this out #26  
patented with many claims on front and back wheel, separate patents.

the rear wheel is the drive wheel in the slow-mo video upclose shots. the one that looks like a triangle in the center.
Yea I saw that just didn't see it move as much as the front. Just wondering how they will handle pulling torque over a given time. How about lateral movement or mowing a lot of side hills?

I'm sure you've thought of all that , just asking. :confused3:

/ Do you want a smoother cut, softer ride, and longer tractor life? Check this out #27  
How does this compare to the tweel? Looks like basically the same thing done another way. Instead of competing against the tweel have you considered just selling the design for the front tire to Michelin? No offense but Michelin has a lot more money and connections than you guys do to throw at R&D, marketing etc.

Yea I saw that just didn't see it move as much as the front. Just wondering how they will handle pulling torque over a given time. How about lateral movement or mowing a lot of side hills?

I'm sure you've thought of all that , just asking. :confused3:

The front wheel has 5 pins that are all sandwiched between two plastic halves which are bolted together. it has very good lateral strength and stability, and we haven't seen it break from lateral forces.

something important to note is that the rear wheel is not fully developed, but the rear wheel was on pneumatic tires in the videos, which is why they dont move much comparatively. that prototype wasn't perfectly weighted for that tractor either, its a little stiff.

How does this compare to the tweel? Looks like basically the same thing done another way. Instead of competing against the tweel have you considered just selling the design for the front tire to Michelin? No offense but Michelin has a lot more money and connections than you guys do to throw at R&D, marketing etc.

the tweel is not as great as they think it is, i think. being made out of plastic, it will eventually disintegrate from repeated flexing. it will also break from over-loading where as our wheel will simply bottom out and still work, just without any further cushioning (basically it becomes a regular wheel then).

well we plan on launching up for sales within the next month, so i guess we will see how that goes first =]

/ Do you want a smoother cut, softer ride, and longer tractor life? Check this out #29  
I like the inventiveness and entrepreneurial spirit. Would this design be considered an adjunct to or replacement for pneumatic tires?

I like the inventiveness and entrepreneurial spirit. Would this design be considered an adjunct to or replacement for pneumatic tires?

good question! I forgot to mention that the product also uses a special flat-free tire (solid) that we made. it's actually very soft, but it works better with this wheel, and it's very durable as well.