Does Anyone Still Make the FEL SSQA-to-3PT Adapters?

/ Does Anyone Still Make the FEL SSQA-to-3PT Adapters? #1  

JohnnyMX

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5200
I saw the FEL-2-3point adaptors pretty cheap before covid and now I don't see much out there. I was looking to make moving implements and implement maintenance easier, light rake work, and light drag work in tight areas of my parking area to even out the gravel.

It seems there were two styles. A FEL adaptor with a quick hitch welded or one that had a bar with sliding connection points to accept any implements that were not quick-attach capable. I have bought or converted all my stuff to quick hitch ready so feel that would be the way to go. Not much out there on search for these which makes me wonder if they are a bad idea. Is anyone still out there using them? Any limitations?

/ Does Anyone Still Make the FEL SSQA-to-3PT Adapters?
That is the opposite of what I'm looking for. I'm looking to run 3-point attachments from the FEL. I should have said SSQA to 3 point adaptor.

/ Does Anyone Still Make the FEL SSQA-to-3PT Adapters? #4  
I have one of those 3pt adapters for the SSQA...wish I had a picture. But google "SSQA to 3pt Adapters" and there are some photos. Mine is one of the fancier ones and cost about a few hundred bucks fifteen years ago.
Northern Tool makes one similar.
Frankly it hasn't been very useful. It does what it is supposed to do. I got it because I normally have the backhoe on the back and thought this would be a quick way to use a 3pt implement for some light duty grading and landscape raking.

It just doesn't work that way. The implement is way to far out in front, visibility is poor, and the front end loader arms are clearly not set up for that sort of work. All in all a bad idea. I tried mine twice on the M59 with that heavily built FEL. Once with a light little six foot back blade and once with a Woods Landscape rake. Neither one was a success.

I lend out tools regularly and I wish you were close enough to borrow this one. Maybe it would work for you.

I guess it could have to do with the design... having just remembered that I had to buy two very similar FEL rock buckets before I found one that worked - and the one that worked was twice the price of the other.
But I think that the main problem is just that with the loader arms and the 3pt implements own length the whole affair just ends up too far out the front to be any practical use. I'm better off back dragging with the lip of the FEL bucket.

Since I'm not one to learn well without actual experience, someday I still want to try a 4n1 front bucket.
rScotty

/ Does Anyone Still Make the FEL SSQA-to-3PT Adapters? #6  
I can see a problem;FEL's are designed to push,not pull,no spring relief.There must be a reason they are not more common.

/ Does Anyone Still Make the FEL SSQA-to-3PT Adapters? #8  
   / Does Anyone Still Make the FEL SSQA-to-3PT Adapters? #10  
The few that I have been around and used or seen used had a pinch bolt to hold the lower sliding attachment points somewhat in place.
They are handy for a few items.
I made one for Cat 2 implements using an old quick hitch that I wasn't using.
ssqa 4.jpg

I use it mainly for moving equipment around and with the receiver hitch mount it works good for moving trailers around into tight places.
It doesn't work that well for most implements to use them but is very handy for working on things.