Does Anyone Still Make the FEL SSQA-to-3PT Adapters?

/ Does Anyone Still Make the FEL SSQA-to-3PT Adapters? #21  
Might have to try to make one like LouNy and maybe take the trick of adding some extra rollback into it. How many inches are we talking should the bottom extend away from the SSQA plate? 8"? I'll have to surf FB/craigs and try to find a reasonable pre-made ssqa plate. 3/8" good enough for this application?
It would depend on how much rollback your loader has.

Mine was made for a skid steer and is Cat2 3 point.
It measures 10.5" at the red arrows, so 8" would be right from the plate to the inside of the frame:
P3310007m.jpg

Some pallet fork frames have a little rollback built in:

rollback 555.jpg

/ Does Anyone Still Make the FEL SSQA-to-3PT Adapters? #22  
Originally my QA was welded flat against the plate. Later I cut the welds and added some channel for about 6 inches of rollback.

5B423115-56F3-4C7D-9532-6851EBBF032C.jpeg8679C52F-91C2-40A5-9FBD-D70414329BD9.jpeg451847BC-453E-40A4-BCF8-A658EB9C05D7.jpeg

/ Does Anyone Still Make the FEL SSQA-to-3PT Adapters? #23  
Mine could use some more rollback at times, I've been thinking about 4-6 inches.

/ Does Anyone Still Make the FEL SSQA-to-3PT Adapters? #24  
This is a fork frame that I put on a box blade so I could push it going forward: Adding SSQA to a Box Blade

P5080013.JPG
P5090031.JPG

Or still use it on the 3 point adapter in float going backwards:

P5120027.JPG

This is max rollback on the three point adapter:

P5120030.JPG

Notice that the attaching angles are similar:

P5120027 angle.JPG

/ Does Anyone Still Make the FEL SSQA-to-3PT Adapters?
This is all all very helpful to see more of what you all are talking about. Time to hunt for a decent used quick hitch.

/ Does Anyone Still Make the FEL SSQA-to-3PT Adapters? #26  
You may want to Google Cat 1 three point quick hitch.

Looks like new isn't too pricey. I think I paid close to $100 twenty years ago.

Last edited:
   / Does Anyone Still Make the FEL SSQA-to-3PT Adapters? #27  
New isn't too pricy. This was the third implements I bought. Basically for moving equipment around the property.

Like others here, I found the unit was great for moving things, but there is no way to actually use it for anything that requires any force to the ground.

The loader itself has some play, add another flexible (somewhat) implement onto the front of the loader (the 3 PT converter), and then add whatever 3 point implement you want on top of that, and you have the "slinky syndrome" on full color!

It's a mush-mosh of connections, all with flexibility that create less than appealing results (at least in the compact tractor series- I use it on my Kubota L3560 with 850 Loader. I have a backhoe that I do mount up and may keep on the tractor, usually through the winter.

Not that it sits outside exposed to the elements, but I need the traction, and ballast for moving firewood totes in the ice and snow in NYS.

So for myself, it does work great for moving trailers (it does have a hitch welded to it) moving 3PT implements (mower/7ft back blade, Post hole digger, and whatever else I can move with it.

I did find that when attempting to grade with the HD Titan 7ft blade, that the unit would basically allow the entire linkage of the "system" to flex, preventing any real functional downward force on the ground. Then when it hits something hard, due to the flexibility of all the connections, it tends to transfer the stress into the loader then to the tractor.

The loader if it's a matched loader to the tractor, is made to do that... so the real brunt of the attempt to use that for anything substantial is the connection points to the implement,, then to the FEL, then to the tractor.

That's a lot of transferring of forces around over greater distances than the assembly is probably designed for.

Last edited:
   / Does Anyone Still Make the FEL SSQA-to-3PT Adapters? #28  
Like others here, I found the unit was great for moving things, but there is no way to actually use it for anything that requires any force to the ground.
What 3pt adapter do you have?

/ Does Anyone Still Make the FEL SSQA-to-3PT Adapters? #29  
New isn't too pricy. This was the third implements I bought. Basically for moving equipment around the property.

The loader itself has some play, add another flexible (somewhat) implement onto the front of the loader (the 3 PT converter), and then add whatever 3 point implement you want on top of that, and you have the "slinky syndrome" on full color!

It's a mush-mosh of connections, all with flexibility that create less than appealing results (at least in the compact tractor series- I use it on my Kubota L3560 with 850 Loader. I have a backhoe that I do mount up and may keep on the tractor, usually through the winter.

Not that it sits outside exposed to the elements, but I need the traction, and ballast for moving firewood totes in the ice and snow in NYS.

So for myself, it does work great for moving trailers (it does have a hitch welded to it) moving 3PT implements (mower/7ft back blade, Post hole digger, and whatever else I can move with it.

I did find that when attempting to grade with the HD Titan 7ft blade, that the unit would basically allow the entire linkage of the "system" to flex, preventing any real functional downward force on the ground. Then when it hits something hard, due to the flexibility of all the connections, it tends to transfer the stress into the loader then to the tractor.

The loader if it's a matched loader to the tractor, is made to do that... so the real brunt of the attempt to use that for anything substantial is the connection points to the implement,, then to the FEL, then to the tractor.

That's a lot of transferring of forces around over greater distances than the assembly is probably designed for.
The OP was thinking of building his own adapter using a 3 PT quick hitch and a SSQA plate I believe.
The quick attach should be able to handle any stresses associated with the Cat1 rating.
Some slop can be introduced in the SSQA plate, depending on how well it was made.
The last plate I bought was so bad/loose that I had to cut the welds and reset the top attachment point.

It should not be necessary to apply down pressure to a grader. After all they are designed to be hung on the 3 PT hitch which has no down pressure. Their weight alone should be sufficient.

I have used my home made rig to pull a box blade, York rake and a single turning plow with no issues.

It may be necessary for you to do some redesign work on your adapter in order to get better results.

/ Does Anyone Still Make the FEL SSQA-to-3PT Adapters? #30  
You are 100% right... on the pressure to the ground issue!!😁