Doesn't make sense to me....

/ Doesn't make sense to me.... #51  
At THAT airport, jetA used a completely different way to fuel aircraft, there's NO way the wrong fuel could have went into that plane. And we NEVER put jetA in the trucks to even haul it.

SR

/ Doesn't make sense to me.... #53  
Two weeks ago ... out here most of the gas stations were closed early, lights off $0.00 at the pumps, OUT OF GAS. I think there were 2 stations that were open for their regular hours ... out of about 15 local stations.

I was told that it was a supply / delivery issue.

/ Doesn't make sense to me.... #54  
At THAT airport, jetA used a completely different way to fuel aircraft, there's NO way the wrong fuel could have went into that plane. And we NEVER put jetA in the trucks to even haul it.

SR
At South Bend, IN everything is trucks.

/ Doesn't make sense to me.... #56  
And I'll bet is says "JetA" in big letters all over the tank.
Most likely. :ROFLMAO:

When I was there in the late 70—80’s we had two jet fuel trucks, both relatively new leased from a fuel company, the Little 100 (an early 60s heavy Ford pickup chassis with a 300 gallon tank) for 100LL, and the Big 100 (Some early 60s IH truck with three 600 gallon tanks) all with 100LL.

Each fall we’d get 1 or 2 more jet fuel trucks brought in for big Notre Dame home games. And we’d get a few more semi loads of fuel. I recall that we had about 30,000 gallons of jet fuel in our underground tanks, plus a tad over 2000 in each of the jet fuel trucks, plus we’d get a tanker or two of 7800 gallons each in Saturday night after the game to continue fueling into the evening and for the morning rush after church on Sunday.

There’s something about being on an airport ramp on a cold fall day, the sky so clear and the sun so bright it hurts your eyes. The fuel truck is pumping a thousand gallons of fuel into a Gulfstream. The deadman is in one hand and a chicken drumstick is in the other. It’s from the catering they didn’t touch and there’s a whole styrofoam cooler filled with even more, and some shrimp and cocktail sauce for later. You walk over to get into the hot blast of the APU exhaust to keep warm and think to yourself “Man, I love the smell of jet fuel in the afternoon!“

😛

I loved that job. :)

/ Doesn't make sense to me.... #57  
7 jets for 8 people. Even back then, it was something like $20-$25K just for the fuel (I can’t remember the exact amount). I don’t care if it’s tax deductible or whatever, just that they used 7 jets to fly in 8 people from around the country. That’s nuts.
You missed the second part of my post. The part about having to keep current with flying hours, etc. The pilot & crew can fly around in circles over the airport every month or they can actually go some place to meet their currency requirement. It makes no difference on fuel used or maintenance required, only appearance of "boondogle" trips.

/ Doesn't make sense to me.... #58  
Yes, I know pilots need hours. I was around aircraft for the first 26 years of my life. With the company that these planes belonged to, I doubt the pilots needed an excuse to build hours. The point of my post was that all of those planes only carried 1 passenger, with the exception of the Mr. and Mrs. in the 727. The tremendous expenditure of money and resources for something that could be handled with a video call today.

/ Doesn't make sense to me.... #59  
   / Doesn't make sense to me.... #60