Dog pics

/ Dog pics #1,811  
We had a dog that knew full well the doorbell sounds were on TV but would bark just to get the other dogs to run to the door barking.

/ Dog pics #1,812  
I just took my shedding fool into the vet for a 3 year rabies shot, by the time I left the bill was $408 .

IMG_6747.JPG

I was just figuring up in my head after I got home, between his previous owner buying him as a puppy to what I have paid in vet bills, toys ext he's very close to or over $4000 and he's not even 4 yet. Will be 4 in April. He was 91lbs when I first got him and took him to the vet, he also had ring worm or one of those not so threatening worms, just today he's 109lbs.

/ Dog pics #1,813  
I just took my shedding fool into the vet for a 3 year rabies shot, by the time I left the bill was $408 .

View attachment 498308

I was just figuring up in my head after I got home, between his previous owner buying him as a puppy to what I have paid in vet bills, toys ext he's very close to or over $4000 and he's not even 4 yet. Will be 4 in April. He was 91lbs when I first got him and took him to the vet, he also had ring worm or one of those not so threatening worms, just today he's 109lbs.

You, but all the bad guys leave your place alone because he's on duty. Perps don't like 109 lb dogs. He probably saved you from all sorts of turmoil and you don't even know it. I'd say he's entitled to a nice bowl of ground beef, a belly rub and then a ride in the car with the window down. :D

/ Dog pics #1,814  
You, but all the bad guys leave your place alone because he's on duty. Perps don't like 109 lb dogs. He probably saved you from all sorts of turmoil and you don't even know it. I'd say he's entitled to a nice bowl of ground beef, a belly rub and then a ride in the car with the window down. :D

I have owned the house going on 3 years and nothing has ever walked off from the house, I have had max about 2 years. I had a 4x6 trailer walk off from a unlocked barn before I got him.

Yeah one reason the bill was high is I ordered 12 months of heartguard (being he's over 100lbs he has to take the 100lb and 25lb doses) and I ordered 6 months of Nextguard which is a oral flee treatment, the vet wanted to retest him for heart worms so she drew blood and ordered for a stool sample to make sure all the worms are gone he had before. Also he got a 3 year rabies shot and yearly something else she said what it was and I zoned out lol, only one I said no to was the shot for kennel cough. The nextguard and both heartguard meds I get money back on ordering what I did. Like $50-$75 back total via main in rebate.

His job is to protect the house and he does that job well, I think I have a little over $1000 in vet bills and a crap load of toys, he goes threw them kinda fast. The previous owners bought him at petsco or petsmart for $1600 after tax, I have the receipt, they were a older couple and he became too much for them to handle so they decided to give him another home. They had him up to date on everything till 1 1/2 years old, they even had him chipped but never registered it lol, my vet registered it for me.

I b1tch about the money I have in him but I would do it again and continue doing so. He's the only dog I have ever owned I would say ok to a surgery vs putting him down. I get more joy for him than the money he makes me part with lol.

I don't care that he's a pure bred dog, I hate how much he sheds but every once and awhile you get lucky end up with a extraordinary dog and this guy is it, my sister has a boxer/ black lab and he's another, dogs on that scale I believe are hard to come by, like 1 out of 7 or 8 dogs fit into that category I would say.

IMG_4547.JPG

IMG_4027.JPG

IMG_3365.JPG

IMG_2260.JPG

Some old pics of him

Last edited:
   / Dog pics #1,815  

View attachment 498308

No wonder you are broke.

/ Dog pics #1,816  
Maybe you need a new Vet.....

20161210_093828 (1280x720).jpg

/ Dog pics #1,817  
Maybe you need a new Vet.....

View attachment 498360

It was deff a shock on my way out but the vet I'm at is one of the cheaper vets in the area, she's more reasonable on meds.

It was funny, max remembered her, as soon as she walked in he showed a little teeth and went to hide, he was really nervous the whole time which was a surprise because he did great with her the 3 trips before since I have had him, he won't need to go back for another 3 years.

/ Dog pics #1,818  
Yeah one reason the bill was high is I ordered 12 months of heartguard (being he's over 100lbs he has to take the 100lb and 25lb doses) and I ordered 6 months of Nextguard which is a oral flee treatment, the vet wanted to retest him for heart worms so she drew blood and ordered for a stool sample to make sure all the worms are gone he had before. Also he got a 3 year rabies shot and yearly something else she said what it was and I zoned out lol, only one I said no to was the shot for kennel cough. The nextguard and both heartguard meds I get money back on ordering what I did. Like $50-$75 back total via main in rebate.

my previous vet had our dogs on Heartguard and Nexguard. The current vet uses Trifexis, which is $700 per year for three dogs. The new border collie tested positive for whipworm. I've never had a dog with those before but the Trifexis protects against them which is good since I understand they are a bugger to get rid of with the eggs lasting for years in the soil.