Dog pics

/ Dog pics #4,611  
I can't get anything like that vest on my stumpy tail cattle dog (rescued street dog), she fear bites. She also bites at the vet. About all I can do is get a cone over her head by putting her dog dish inside and under the cone. When she sticks her head into the cone to eat, I pull the drawstring tight. I have been doing this every day for a few weeks to desensitize her to the cone so I can get her back to the vet for shots. No way I can get a bloody (literally) muzzle on. The drugs the vet gave me to sedate her only help a little. Too many bad experiences happened to her while on the street in regards to restraining/capturing her.
Our cattle dog was a rescue too, but probably a bit younger than yours when we got him. Plus he never exhibited fear to my wife and I, just other people. I don't know why though. I felt we were really lucky to get him acclimated to touch and people, though it took almost 3 years before he finally got out of his shell. My hats off to you goeduck.

/ Dog pics #4,612  
Max, warming in the sunshine by the front door.
7EBFB2F3-42ED-4971-818B-B58056D27CAA.jpeg1A567AC9-202F-46BB-B18D-EA6E6551C9F3.jpeg

/ Dog pics #4,613  
I few taken today at the Kun de kun falls in the UP of MI. Yes, they were told to get on that rock.
P1140870 (DL).jpg

Attachments

• P1140815.jpg
    P1140815.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 51
  • P1140818.jpg
    P1140818.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 53
  • P1140816.jpg
    P1140816.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 56
  • P1140802 (DL).jpg
    P1140802 (DL).jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 57
   / Dog pics #4,614  
2 pictures taken 1 hour apart.
I call picture #1 'double trouble'...
and pic #2 'I told you so'

Attachments

• IMG_3018.JPG
    IMG_3018.JPG
    245.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 69171270583__BB9916AE-CB7D-4758-B89F-F675C7A7171A.JPG
    69171270583__BB9916AE-CB7D-4758-B89F-F675C7A7171A.JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 47
   / Dog pics #4,615  
2 pictures taken 1 hour apart.
I call picture #1 'double trouble'...
and pic #2 'I told you so'
Ha - We sometimes learn the hard way. I have always had Brittany dogs. In past years, I have lost a brand new $500 tablet (chewed on it), a $300 I iPod, My Favorite hat (2 times), a $300 Sage fly rod, All before I figured better to get them their own toys than have them play with my toys. Really makes you angry when it happens, but just have to smile and think "I should have know better!" When we got our current Brittany, Lulu, we kept the sewing room door closed and kept shoes in there. When we had company, we told them "If you like those shoes, maybe you better put them in the sewing room.
I got her a lot of toys. She has destroyed them all, but keeps them in her toy box. AND they are HERS.
This was back then. She ate 1 box a day.
Lulu-at-work.jpg

This is now.

20211225_084240.jpg

The toys just got bigger. Your dogs found a BIG toy. Good for them.

/ Dog pics #4,616  
My last dog wasn't a chewer, but she was a thief. One thing I always suspected she took was a $1600 data collector... with 2 weeks worth of work on it. Somewhere I have a picture of her running up the road with my axe in her mouth, just as proud as pi.

My current dog was a chewer when I got him. He chewed the nylon strap which you pull to release the rear seat of a GM pickup... for the next 5 years he had a hitch in his breathing. Then one day he was chewing a stick and got a bit of bark caught in his throat. He coughed and hacked until I ran him down to the emergency vet, where they couldn't do anything but charged me as if they had saved his life. At some point he coughed up a piece of nylon strap, and hasn't had any problems breathing since.

/ Dog pics #4,618  
When my now aging Healer was a puppy he hung out in my shipping room (in home business) keeping me entertained chasing and chewing harmless odd stuff. One day he watched me pull a few stickers off a reel and then in a flash - I didn't know he could jump that high but he got the end of the stickers and without hesitation wheeled and flew out the dog door pulling 500 stickers off the reel behind him. we stood there and howled until he returned soaking wet head to toe with the same streamer of labels in tow. OMG we laughed...so much mischief.
Good times.

/ Dog pics #4,619  
When my now aging Healer was a puppy he hung out in my shipping room (in home business) keeping me entertained chasing and chewing harmless odd stuff. One day he watched me pull a few stickers off a reel and then in a flash - I didn't know he could jump that high but he got the end of the stickers and without hesitation wheeled and flew out the dog door pulling 500 stickers off the reel behind him. we stood there and howled until he returned soaking wet head to toe with the same streamer of labels in tow. OMG we laughed...so much mischief.
Good times.
My shepherd helps my mom knit when she visits or dog sits for us Mom learned pretty quick to watch her with her bag of yarn. Gypsy got a hold of a ball of yarn and had it strung through the living room, into the dining room, and through the kitchen

Now, she tries to trade with grandma. She will walk over to the bag of yarn and drop her ball in there. Then, root around in the bag and try to snatch a ball of yarn instead