Backhoe Dolly for LS XG3025 LB1106 Backhoe

/ Dolly for LS XG3025 LB1106 Backhoe #12  
I have to put the backhoe on and off by myself and I've done it on uneven ground. It's easier if the ground is level and smooth, even easier with a concrete pad. It'd be easier if two people worked it (part of the reason it takes me so long). But it is doable by one person even without a dolly. I've poured a pad for it and will end up with a dolly to make things easier and quicker.

/ Dolly for LS XG3025 LB1106 Backhoe #13  
My subframe comes off with the backhoe, also. But my dolly (made of scrap wood) does not extend to the end of the subframe, as compared to the hoe itself the subframe does not represent much of the total weight. So the dolly is not very long as compared to the entire hoe.

When putting the hoe back on, the dolly both helps and hinders. It does allow moving the hoe for alignment, but as you back the tractor up you can easily push the backhoe around (if you are on level concrete, eg, in my garage), screwing up all your careful alignment work. Note once you are ready for the install, the backhoe is raised on the stabilizers, so the dolly can no longer be used for 'fine tuning' at that point.

I'll get pics and dimensions if anyone wants them.

/ Dolly for LS XG3025 LB1106 Backhoe
So the larger tractors XG3025 and larger you have to take off the subframe also? The only video I could find was for the MT125. That one has a super simple removal process. LS MT125 Tractor Backhoe Removal (not GC171 or GC172) - YouTube

That is correct, the hoe & subframe come off together. I've also looked at dollies for the MT125 and similar sized kubotas and John Deere's but haven't found any info on a dolly for the XG3025 and larger backhoes. Still looking!

My subframe comes off with the backhoe, also. But my dolly (made of scrap wood) does not extend to the end of the subframe, as compared to the hoe itself the subframe does not represent much of the total weight. So the dolly is not very long as compared to the entire hoe.

When putting the hoe back on, the dolly both helps and hinders. It does allow moving the hoe for alignment, but as you back the tractor up you can easily push the backhoe around (if you are on level concrete, eg, in my garage), screwing up all your careful alignment work. Note once you are ready for the install, the backhoe is raised on the stabilizers, so the dolly can no longer be used for 'fine tuning' at that point.

I'll get pics and dimensions if anyone wants them.

davrow pics and dimensions would be great when you have time. Thanks for the info.

I have to put the backhoe on and off by myself and I've done it on uneven ground. It's easier if the ground is level and smooth, even easier with a concrete pad. It'd be easier if two people worked it (part of the reason it takes me so long). But it is doable by one person even without a dolly. I've poured a pad for it and will end up with a dolly to make things easier and quicker.

Thanks for the information you've provided. You have answered my question completely, looks like I'll be pouring some concrete and looking to build a dolly.

/ Dolly for LS XG3025 LB1106 Backhoe #17  
1) Here is the backhoe on its dolly. Normally it lives on concrete in the garage, but at the moment it is in the yard. When in the garage I usually put a Harbor Freight dolly (the little size, 11?) under the front end of the subframe just to keep it off the ground.

Total length of the dolly is 62". Wheels/casters are 9". Width front and rear is 24 1/2".

sideview.jpg

2) The height of the wood under the bucket (9") was trial and error. The lengthwise boards are not really load bearing and are 2x6s for total width there of 11".

under_bucket_detail.jpg

3) The arrows show that the width was not trial and error. It is fit to the contour of the underside of my backhoe thus will be different for most every backhoe.

The backhoe balances on the front of the dolly, so rear platform height controls subframe height. To some extent, anyway. Rear wheels swivel, front are fixed. None have brakes.

width.jpg

4) The height of the dolly at the front is arbitrary. For mine, that is 4" of wood over the 9" wheels.

front_wheels.jpg

No pics of the dolly without the backhoe on it, sorry. Anything need clarifying? :)

1) Here is the backhoe on its dolly. Normally it lives on concrete in the garage, but at the moment it is in the yard. When in the garage I usually put a Harbor Freight dolly (the little size, 11?) under the front end of the subframe just to keep it off the ground.

Total length of the dolly is 62". Wheels/casters are 9". Width front and rear is 24 1/2".

View attachment 561228

2) The height of the wood under the bucket (9") was trial and error. The lengthwise boards are not really load bearing and are 2x6s for total width there of 11".

View attachment 561229

3) The arrows show that the width was not trial and error. It is fit to the contour of the underside of my backhoe thus will be different for most every backhoe.

The backhoe balances on the front of the dolly, so rear platform height controls subframe height. To some extent, anyway. Rear wheels swivel, front are fixed. None have brakes.

View attachment 561230

4) The height of the dolly at the front is arbitrary. For mine, that is 4" of wood over the 9" wheels.

View attachment 561231

No pics of the dolly without the backhoe on it, sorry. Anything need clarifying? :)

davrow the pics & dimensions are just what I was hoping to see. I love working with wood and have plenty at my disposal. I also have 4 each 6" solid steel swivel casters that came with my 4 post lift that I no longer need for the lift because I've bolted it to the floor. I have always hoped that I could repurpose them and I believe this is the opportunity. Thanks again for taking the time to provide the photos and dimensions. I'll try to remember to post some photos of the dolly I will build but it may be a while, still have several projects for the hoe to be on the tractor.

/ Dolly for LS XG3025 LB1106 Backhoe #19  
3Lfarms thanks for the photo and the info. Do you think a dolly on a concrete pad or floor would make a "one person" installation easier? Initially I was thinking about storing the backhoe on a dolly in one of the bays in my shop. The dolly would allow me to move the hoe close to the wall so I would still have useable space in the center. However looking at the size of the subframe & hoe combined I might not have enough space to do that inside of one of the bays. My other option would be to pour a concrete pad under one of my shelters and store the hoe there, so the question, would a dolly be beneficial in that scenario for a one person operation?

A dolly would help with alignment as previously stated and would allow you to move it out of the way when it’s off the tractor.
I have thought about making one, but frankly it takes up much less space in the barn if I just put it on the tractor and swing the hoe to the side. The hoe stays on 90 percent of the time. I usually let it sit outside when I need to do three point work.

Someone asked if the subframe comes off with the hoe. The answer is actually no. As you can see in the picture I posted earlier, the ladder portion of the frame is part of the hoe, but the actual sub-frame is part of the tractor and stays on. The ground clearance is permanently reduced. You can see some of it in that picture. The blue bits you see under the loader mount and the part that runs from there all the way to the swinging drawbar mount is all subframe. The standard draw bar mount was actually removed and the subframe incorporates its own fabricated draw bar mount. That subframe probably reduces ground clearance by 4” even when the hoe isn’t installed. My ground is totally flat with no rocks, so it’s no problem for me. I have a feeling that the subframe greatly strengthens the tractor since it ties the loader mounts into the rear axle housing.

A dolly would help with alignment as previously stated and would allow you to move it out of the way when it’s off the tractor.
I have thought about making one, but frankly it takes up much less space in the barn if I just put it on the tractor and swing the hoe to the side. The hoe stays on 90 percent of the time. I usually let it sit outside when I need to do three point work.

Someone asked if the subframe comes off with the hoe. The answer is actually no. As you can see in the picture I posted earlier, the ladder portion of the frame is part of the hoe, but the actual sub-frame is part of the tractor and stays on. The ground clearance is permanently reduced. You can see some of it in that picture. The blue bits you see under the loader mount and the part that runs from there all the way to the swinging drawbar mount is all subframe. The standard draw bar mount was actually removed and the subframe incorporates its own fabricated draw bar mount. That subframe probably reduces ground clearance by 4” even when the hoe isn’t installed. My ground is totally flat with no rocks, so it’s no problem for me. I have a feeling that the subframe greatly strengthens the tractor since it ties the loader mounts into the rear axle housing.

In a previous post I mistakenly stated that the subframe comes off with the backhoe but as 3Lfarms has correctly pointed out, only a portion (ladder portion) comes off with the hoe. The main part of the subframe stays on the tractor and connects at the front to the loader mounts and in the rear to the rear axle housing. The first attachment is a pic of the front mount. 100_1137.JPG The second photo is an attempt to show which part is removed with the hoe and which part stays on the tractor.100_1138_LI.jpg The last photo shows the rear mount and the two pins that hold the backhoe on the portion of the subframe that stays on the tractor.100_1139.JPG On my tractor (XG3025) it appears that the drawbar is not modified by the backhoe subframe. I also must agree with 3Lfarms that the addition of the backhoe subframe appears to add significant strength to the tractor. Hope I haven't muddied the water with the photos!