Dozer vs. Bulldozer - What do you call it?

/ Dozer vs. Bulldozer - What do you call it? #71  
There痴 plenty of knockoff channel locks and crescent wrenches that are better than the original. Has anyone found knockoff vice grips that don稚 suck? I致e seen plenty and the release always suck.

the point was...most call any slip joint pliers "channel locks"...they call adjustable wrenches "crescent wrenches" etc., etc...

/ Dozer vs. Bulldozer - What do you call it? #72  
   / Dozer vs. Bulldozer - What do you call it? #73  
Got it, officially incorrect. By, your evidence. I'll let them know.

However, when the word tarmac is technically incorrect, it's not incorrect. Got it.

Yeah, you tell 'em I said so, and they'll say "What?" :laughing:

/ Dozer vs. Bulldozer - What do you call it? #74  
Just so you know what you're talking about. John Macadam was the guy who invented laying a number of base courses and sealing them with Tar = Tarmac

McAdam was the gravel layered road developer, Guglielminetti and Hooley added the tar.

Macadam - Wikipedia

Bruce

/ Dozer vs. Bulldozer - What do you call it? #75  
I got to page two and realized....this is so dumb...not worth wasting my limited internet time until I get Starlink.

/ Dozer vs. Bulldozer - What do you call it? #76  
I got to page two and realized....this is so dumb...not worth wasting my limited internet time until I get Starlink.

But yet you did

/ Dozer vs. Bulldozer - What do you call it? #77  

bulldozer (n.)​

"person who intimidates others by threats or violence," 1876, agent noun from bulldoze (q.v.). Meaning extended to "an engine-powered ground-clearing caterpillar tractor" in 1930.

Bruce

/ Dozer vs. Bulldozer - What do you call it? #78  
This thread was resurrected by a "gurl". 😎

/ Dozer vs. Bulldozer - What do you call it? #79  
Here is the Toolcat in dozer mode: :D
P6140009.JPG

Crab steer and dozer mode:
P6110001.JPG
P6110004.JPG

/ Dozer vs. Bulldozer - What do you call it? #80  
Back in the day, 60’s - 70’s, The Caterpillar Handbook listed a
”Crawler Type Tractor” which was tracked machine with no blade. The blade attachment for the front of the Crawler Type Tractor was listed as a Dozer Blade. Modern slang has combined terms.