DPF Regeneration driving me crazy...

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #141  
Are we talking gas or diesel engines? Tacoma, I presume gas. Even gas engines do not reach expected performance at idle and probably become prone to fouled plugs if idled for extended periods regularly.
Foul a plug? Can't happen with any ECU engine. Outside of it being a beater that is.

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #142  
I knew the regeneration cycle would be happening as I kept away from the larger diesels as my buddy burnt two engines up on his trucks. But the regeneration lights come on, right as I am in the middle of something, or it starts beeping and I have to stop immediately out in the field and find a empty spot to regenerate so I dont set the whole forest on fire. This is nuts...
You are making it too hard. Just run your machine at a higher rpm and the regens will come at much longer intervals. Also, just work through a regen--no need to stop working. When a regen is called for, just increase the rpm sufficient to run the regen and keep working.

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #143  
Wait till they start changing over to battery powered tractors.

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #144  
Once every 60+ hours for 10-15 minutes. Don’t be so dramatic.
No, it's asinine. Had a stone delivery a few months back. Mushy ground. The driver got thru, dumped his stone and went to make a run thru the wet clay incline hill on my property. Got right into the mush when his truck went into this mode, engine drops in power. Tires spun, it was over. Two outs getting him out just because of this nonsense. Running a diesel used to be cheap
The fuel was very cheap as its a by product of gas. Of course now it is pricier then premium gas. Then you add the expense of DPF fluid. Then the DEF. All this expense gets passed down to the poor consumer

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #145  
I knew the regeneration cycle would be happening as I kept away from the larger diesels as my buddy burnt two engines up on his trucks. But the regeneration lights come on, right as I am in the middle of something, or it starts beeping and I have to stop immediately out in the field and find a empty spot to regenerate so I dont set the whole forest on fire. This is nuts...
Have a JD 3046R with 500 hours. Probably has regened 4 times when under no load splitting wood. I just keep working as JD says. If you are getting a PARK Regen warning you have anissue somewhere

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #146  
I have to chuckle, because I've just been researching whether there's inexpensive way to retrofit a DPF on my older New Holland. Yes, it will be inconvenient once in a while... but I'm the guy breathing the soot, and I'm so far behind in all of my projects that I can't afford to die any earlier than I have to.

Seriously though, the thoughtful comments about what systems are working (or not) is all helpful.
I love your connection to life’s needs over the grim reapers needs!
I’m in about the same position… I can’t die until I clean up my balance sheet (and I’m not talking about money !! 😁)

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #147  
Have a JD 3046R with 500 hours. Probably has regened 4 times when under no load splitting wood. I just keep working as JD says. If you are getting a PARK Regen warning you have anissue somewhere
Same here… I have only had 2 situations in 2 years where I had to let the system regen by putting it in spec rpm and letting it go. Both of those times were because I canceled the regen while doing some off and on work where I needed to consistently change activities with the implements or equip. I was using. Other than that it regens when it wants. It’s a symbiotic relationship of sorts.
I have never been “surprised” by a regen. The display keeps it in my face. So I can work around it’s needs.

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #149  
Others correct me if I'm wrong...but when I was doing my research, shopping for a new tractor, I learned that tractors using the DOC versus the DPF still need to be run hot and hard. That "C" in DOC stands for catalyst - and that catalyst won't burn off soot if it is not hot. Owner's manuals still had warnings to not idle the tractor too much - just as the owner's manual in my Kubota (DPF) does.

The DOC system means that regeneration is going on continuously, versus every so many hours as happens with a DPF system.

Yes that is correct. Also most if not all "DPF" systems actually have both a DOC and a DPF. Look at for example the parts list for a Kubota L4060. My Branson also has both.

Both DOC and DOC+DPF systems do "pasive regeneration" when the engine get it hot enough because it's working hard. The more you do that the fewer discrete regens will be needed. My Branson only does passive regens which has been a problem for a few folks in cold area; newer Bransons have the ability to command a discrete regen to handle that.

Here's an article that explains the DOC+DPF system: https://www.dpfpartsdirect.com/blogs/news/dpf-doc
It's for on the road trucks, newer models of which also use DEF unlike our < 75hp CUTS but other than that it's the same.

There are companies like this one: DPF DOC througout the country that will clean the DPF (and DOC) for you. The OP may need that in addition to letting his tractor regen when it needs it, and running it at appropriate rpm.

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #150  
Has anyone ever tried those additives that supposedly help with the DPF regenerations? If yes, did it make any difference?

Like this Motul DPF Clean? MOTUL DPF CLEAN - Motul