DR Trimmer model question

/ DR Trimmer model question #1  

Inspector507

Anyone know where DR hides the nameplate on their wheeled trimmers? Model and serial number? I just acquired one used and can only find the engine number plate but nothing for the trimmer itself.

/ DR Trimmer model question #2  
It should be pretty easy to see on the right or left side of the main frame near where the handle bars attach, as shown here.

/ DR Trimmer model question
Bird, I got an email this morning from DR. They said to look right where you said. I found it covered in oily "grease". They also sent me a pdf file of the owners manual that they thought would be my trimmer based on the description I gave them. I replied with the serial number so they will confirm which model it truly is.

Thanks for your help Bird.

/ DR Trimmer model question #4  
Hope you enjoy that DR machine. I bought a new one; top of the line at the time, electric start, etc. in May, 1998. My wife could even use it, although she's never used any other string trimmer. I sold it to a friend in 2002 when we were moving back to town, temporarily in an apartment. I tried different sizes of string, and found I liked the 0.130" best. And I used the Beaver blade to take out a number of saplings up to 4" diameter.

/ DR Trimmer model question
Got a chance to look at it tonight. Oil was clean and full. Air filter filthy. Fuel tank was dry, no telling how long it's been sitting since it was started. Put half a tank of gas in it and with a little priming and a squirt of starting fluid it fired up and ran well. Maybe tomorrow I can pick up an air filter and some line for it. Took it out in the yard and boy did it trim very nice. Looking it over real well, I found that one of the line plates is toast. I just won't use that one until I replace it.

Kudos go to Country Home Products for their quick customer contact.

/ DR Trimmer model question #6  
I bought a DR Trimmer commercial model a few years ago and have been impressed with it so far, it works awesome. The only thing I've needed to do to it so far was replace the battery hold down tray for the electric start. I'm not sure what happened to it but one of the tabs broke off, a quick call to the manufacturer and they sent me a new one at no charge under warranty.:thumbsup: My father and I went in on a DR Power Grader together last year and that's been awesome as well...we hardly use our tractors for driveway maintenance anymore....just the DR Grader and my Kubota RTV 500 to pull it around...makes quick work of fixing the driveway.:D