Drawbar Adapter

/ Drawbar Adapter
It is a Titan 1800P pull type. I haven't been able to find a picture of one on a tractor. This is all I could find back when I bought it, and still today...

1800P.jpg

Like I said, I'm happy with how the cutter performs, but I have to solve the driveshaft clearance issue.

/ Drawbar Adapter #22  
Ah ok something like this. IMG_0990.jpg

/ Drawbar Adapter #23  
Not much clearance back about where the mower deck starts. Is that where the OP has tight clearance? I'd be doing some refab!

/ Drawbar Adapter #24  
I’m guessing that is his clearance issue, looks to be a problem on those cutters.

Most cutters with a high mounted hitch like that use a carrier bearing and two part pto for clearance. For a one single shat like that most have the hitch design so the cross tube and hitch are even or lower than the mower deck, such as these two bush hog brand cutters. IMG_0993.jpgIMG_0994.jpg

Last edited:
   / Drawbar Adapter #25  
never had an issue with my old mower.

Attachments

• 56218650468__E864E26F-F342-4B5D-8428-954C76A3765D.jpg
    56218650468__E864E26F-F342-4B5D-8428-954C76A3765D.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 155
   / Drawbar Adapter #26  
Your hitch design is a little different than the titan. The cross bar in the hitch is farther away from the deck allowing more clearance.

/ Drawbar Adapter
Ah ok something like this. View attachment 601801

YES! That is EXACTLY it!

This picture shows my problem very clearly. On flat ground there would be no issue with it, but in the Ozarks we have crooks, ridges and valleys. If you're mowing over a rise, you can run out of driveshaft clearance in a hurry.

This more I look at the pictures, I don't think the hitch could be inverted. I guess I could look at drilling new holes, but that's some THICK steel to drill through.

When I wrote Titan months ago, they had no suggestions. My only complaint with the cutter.

/ Drawbar Adapter #28  
You might be able to have a shop make some extensions that would bolt to each side of your hitch and drop it down and help a bunch, but yes it wouldn’t take much of a dip to cause clearance issues.

/ Drawbar Adapter
If I could have a machine shop put a nice bend in this heavy 4x4 steel bar, it would solve my problem, too.

8FootCutter.jpg

(This is the 8-foot model of my cutter)

So, is my best bet to remove this piece and take it to a trailer mfg shop?

/ Drawbar Adapter #30