DST.......What do you think?

/ DST.......What do you think? #1  

jerrybob

Tractor
yanmar 186D....JD LT180....DR Brush Cutter
What do you guys think of daylight savings time? I like it and wish they would just stay on it year around. I don't like having to adjust all the clocks.....timers etc......

Americans are fine with Daylight Saving Time

/ DST.......What do you think? #3  
I couldn't care less really, one way or the other. Just pick one and leave it alone!

And, Steve, the video is really funny!

/ DST.......What do you think? #4  
We live on the very western edge of the eastern time zone. At peak DST, the sun doesn't set until nearly 10pm. If you go outside at noon, and look straight south, the suns is still way off over to your left. It doesn't hit the high straight south until bout 1:50 in the afternoon. On the plus side, you can mow your lawn at 9pm without headlights. :rolleyes:

/ DST.......What do you think? #5  
There is no need today for daylight savings time which started way back during WWI.
I would prefer to stay on standard time year round.

Times have changed. No need keep on changing times. :confused3:

/ DST.......What do you think? #6  
I thought we were going to compare Double Set Triggers.

:(

Bruce

/ DST.......What do you think?
We live on the very western edge of the eastern time zone. At peak DST, the sun doesn't set until nearly 10pm. If you go outside at noon, and look straight south, the suns is still way off over to your left. It doesn't hit the high straight south until bout 1:50 in the afternoon. On the plus side, you can mow your lawn at 9pm without headlights. :rolleyes:

We live near the Pacific Ocean....we can see the bay from our deck. Same thing here.......in Summer......still light at 10pm. Hottest part of day is around 5pm. I have actually mowed my yard at 1000pm. I like DST but wish we would just on one time.....no switching.

/ DST.......What do you think? #10  
We used to NOT observe DST here in most of Indiana. We never changed our clocks. In summer, if you drive 5 miles north, you'd be in Michigan. They'd be an hour ahead of us in summer, and the same time as us in winter. 10 miles to the west of us starts the edge of the CST. They'd be on the same time as us in summer, but an hour behind us in winter. Drive 100 miles east to Ohio, and same thing as Michigan.

Plus, the TV would change. In summer, the news came on at 10pm, in winter 11pm.

So, its nice we're on at least some sort of predictable schedule now.

But HEY! Just last Sunday was the first time you could buy alcohol on a Sunday in Indiana since prohibition, so we're making progress!!! :rolleyes: