Dump Trailer Battery

/ Dump Trailer Battery #31  
semantics: isn't DCCA wire specific to audio, and what we are really talking about here is CCA wire? The "D" standing for both "developed" and "DAIKOKU" the company who designed it.

/ Dump Trailer Battery
semantics: isn't DCCA wire specific to audio, and what we are really talking about here is CCA wire? The "D" standing for both "developed" and "DAIKOKU" the company who designed it.
Sir I believe you are correct copper clad aluminum

/ Dump Trailer Battery #33  
The term is used interchangeably. Not dissimilar to adjustable wrench/crescent wrench, Allen wrenches/hex keys, Kleenex/tissue paper, etc etc etc

/ Dump Trailer Battery #34  
lol they are using DCCA as "double" cca, that's funny marketing lol

/ Dump Trailer Battery #35  
A few years ago I had issues with keeping my dump trailer battery charged , lots of short trips, truck was not keeping it charged. I ran 4ga wire (marine cable) from truck battery, through an 80a fuse, through a solenoid (activated by switch in cab), Anderson plugs…. In trailer a 40a Circuit breaker to trailer 12v battery. This has been working great. I’m the meantime I added a 25a cb on the trailer end of the charge wire from the truck/7 pin. (Truck has 30a fuse on this circuit under the hood… seems crazy for a small wire)
Now, even when it’s -30° and the oil is stiff, I can engage the trucks battery via the solenoid and have lots of jam.
When I first made it up, i had a self resetting 40a CB in the trailer. It was a cheapo, and would trip/cycle all the while dumping, so I know the truck was able to feed it ~40 Amps via my added wiring. Voltage is in the 13’s if I recall….

I put a load meter on the hyd motor and it indeed draws ~200amps while dumping…..I wondered if a starting battery would be better for high draw short cycles, 200a for around 2 minutes is quite a bit of power….

/ Dump Trailer Battery #36  
Amazon sells lengths of pure copper welding wire too, but price seems about 50% higher than when I bought mine in January. My neighbor's an electrical contractor & he ran underground conduit to his new shop 9 months ago, but hasn't pulled wire yet due to the cost of copper. If you can make due with the CCA for a while, I'm guessing the coming recession will help pricing sometime over the next year or so.

/ Dump Trailer Battery #37  
I put a load meter on the hyd motor and it indeed draws ~200amps while dumping…..I wondered if a starting battery would be better for high draw short cycles, 200a for around 2 minutes is quite a bit of power….

just another date point confirming that. I have a 6x12 10K dump, with a 7k capacity.
No load (empty) current draw was ~125a and lifting ~7000 pounds was ~225a

/ Dump Trailer Battery
All good information now I'm concerned about the cca cable but it's on the way so I will try it. does anyone know if they make a dummy plug just to hold the cable connector on the trailer when not in use or maybe when being pulled by a different vehicle?

/ Dump Trailer Battery #39  
All good information now I'm concerned about the cca cable but it's on the way so I will try it. does anyone know if they make a dummy plug just to hold the cable connector on the trailer when not in use or maybe when being pulled by a different vehicle?
The same plug that's on truck is as good as you will ever find.

/ Dump Trailer Battery #40  
The Anderson connectors usually have a rubber cap. I simply coil the cable up and store it in the battery compartment when not in use