Dump Truck recommendation

/ Dump Truck recommendation #41  
Thank you! It was a long term project. Still have a vacuum 2-speed rear end to install if I ever get around to it.

/ Dump Truck recommendation #42  
The 3500HD is comparable to a Ford F450, about 14,000 GVW. Keep in mind this was 1990s high end, not comparable to nowadays. For the average person a 3500 is a better choice. The parts are much cheaper than a HD. The truck is also lighter which is very beneficial to a 350ci. I dont know anyone with a 454ci but they are probably good engines as well.

If I recall, the first F-Super Duty was rated 14.5k, so GM immediately built the 3500hd to compete with it and rated it at 15k. Dodge had the best engine of the era but was the last dog to get hung and was 20 years later that they finally caught up with HD 1-tons, class 4-5.

To this day, they still don't make a class 6-7, yet they have the 6.7 Cummins. If you want a class 6-7 (Ford, GM, IH) you gotta buy a V/8, Yukki:)

/ Dump Truck recommendation #43  
I’m surprised Ram hasn’t jumped into 6-7. They have the engine & transmission. It’s just a class 5 on a bigger frame with optional air brakes.

I’m also surprised there’s no new competition in pickups. Such a high profit margin.

/ Dump Truck recommendation #45  
My buddy just bought a Chevy 3500 with a 6.6L in it. 401HP. Sick.
The thing just pulls like you can’t believe and gets respectable fuel economy.

/ Dump Truck recommendation #46  
My ol girl.

L10 Cummins Eaton 9spd.
$7,000 at auction. I’ve put probably 6 used tires on it, basic fluids/filter, injection pump throttle shaft seal, power steering pump seal, and 1 brake chamber in my ownership time since 2017.

Great truck, happy down the flat roads @ 70mph 54,000#. Don’t use it much anymore, but when I need it, it fires right up even after sitting 4 months.

IMG_0856.JPG

Wife driving it here…

/ Dump Truck recommendation #48  
My ton with a 6.5 turbo diesel averaged 11 mpg loaded or empty. View attachment 782759
Man that’s brutal, but not surprised.
I’m getting ~14 in town in the Ram with 360/850 and 4.88’s. 17 on the highway as long as I keep it under 2000RPM.

/ Dump Truck recommendation #49  
I need to start looking for another dump truck also. Right now we have a 92 super duty with a 460. 5 ton dump. It's rusting out so bad, I don't trust the brake lines, etc. With 80k on the engine, I got something for a project truck if needed.

Works great at our property. Prices of trucks going the way they are, I might just have gravel and such delivered and use the truck to move it around

/ Dump Truck recommendation #50  
If you want SS Tubes sells complete brake and fuel line kits in stainless steel. If you can keep patching it together for the time being, it's better than trying to find a good used truck now. It's friggen depressing they want 10 - 15 k for a POS rusted out plow truck. Anything under 100 k miles they want 30 to 40 k for.

You might get lucky and get a pre-emission medium duty truck from Commiefornia were its illegal to use them anymore. 🍻