Dynahoe information search

/ Dynahoe information search
I tore mine down a few months ago. It was on a 490k but probably has the same axle as yours. I was very pleased with the assembly of parts. Very easy to work on, heavy duty also. I had a break shoe bend and bend the cam bolt on the bottom. A new bolt was $40.00 ????? It sucks getting parts up here because noone knows what it is. How much luck are you having finding parts?
cya, Dean

/ Dynahoe information search #42  
I found my brake master cylinders through a local dealer who ordered them. They were about $70 each. I actually had to go up to a 1" bore. The original 3/4" are no longer made. The wheel cylinder kits 1 3/4" were about $20 each and he had to order them fronm the wagner factory. The springs, i ordered through minnpar.com and they were about $12 each. My 160 does not have but one adjuster cam per shoe and it is on the top. Where did you get your cam bolt?

/ Dynahoe information search #43  
I am trying to round up all the dynahoe owners to help each other share information. Everyone who wants to share info, please email me with your name and type Dynahoe you have.
TimWilliams Fireman1501@aol.com

/ Dynahoe information search #44  
Dean, I was looking back and noticed your slick looking paint job. How did you prep it? Pressure wash or sand blast or what? Tim W

Hi Tim

sorry for the delay, I don't check this site as often as I should. As far as preping for the paint job I pressure washed the whole rig using a grease detergent mixed in with the pressure washer. Once I got all the gunk off I sanded down the machine with 80 grit then wet sanded everything. It sounds like a bit too far since it is just a backhoe but I had a 6 year old boy and a 7 year old girl who loved doing it so thats why I took the extra step. The color is a gallon of old catapiller yellow mixed with a gallon of school bus yellow. I didn't even try to look for dynahoe yellow. the response I get from everyone around here when I mention dynahoe is/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I have had nothing but good luck so far, No breakdowns and the machine can do anything. lots of power and traction. Push and dig anything. I really am glad I found one.

good luck, Dean

/ Dynahoe information search #46  
The above email address fireman1501@aol.com is mine.
I have changed over to DSL and my above email address has been changed to tewilliams1957@bellsouth.net
Please email me at the new address if you own a Dynahoe and want information or willing to share information with other owners. Thanks. Tim Williams Rogersville, Alabama

Hi everyone I have been missing for a while. computer and lightning storms don't go together. I noticed a few questions about dynahoe backhoe's. they are a few months back. If you still have any questions feel free to ask. now my turn?
I have a 490k, and wondering how much swing power you guys have on your hoe. Mine seems to not have the power I would expect. I believe the swing cylinders were designed to only work one way. so, is the swing power on these monsters weak or is my machine in need of new packing? The swing function does bog the motor down some I guess as much as every other cylinder!!!! oh, is my relief acting to early on my pump???? thanks, Dean

Hi everyone I have been missing for a while. computer and lightning storms don't go together. I noticed a few questions about dynahoe backhoe's. they are a few months back. If you still have any questions feel free to ask. now my turn?
I have a 490k, and wondering how much swing power you guys have on your hoe. Mine seems to not have the power I would expect. I believe the swing cylinders were designed to only work one way. so, is the swing power on these monsters weak or is my machine in need of new packing? The swing function does bog the motor down some I guess as much as every other cylinder!!!! oh, is my relief acting to early on my pump???? thanks, Dean

/ Dynahoe information search #50  
I have parts for dynahoes I have a 490 and a 490k I just blew the motor in the 490k which I will be fixing when I can and the 490 I cracked the bell housing on trany I use for parts but I have parts to spare if any one needs some.