/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #11  
I haven't owned either brand of grapple. I have a Land Pride. Just from my time here on TBN - EA is a known commodity - a whole lot of testimony as to their quality and performance.

Remember - some times you get exactly what you pay for. Choose wisely Grasshopper.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements
I haven't owned either brand of grapple. I have a Land Pride. Just from my time here on TBN - EA is a known commodity - a whole lot of testimony as to their quality and performance.

Remember - some times you get exactly what you pay for. Choose wisely Grasshopper.
True. Definitely not questioning the quality. There is a reason there is a 4 month wait for a grapple right now. But EA is also pretty solid from a marketing perspective so there is that adds to the demand. I've heard good things about Homestead too(and other brands) although I don't think I've seen any of them rework their product lines as much as EA. In some ways that gives me pause. If a new model is always coming out what is wrong with the one I bought? It's not like we are talking computer components that are constantly getting made smaller and faster and involve a ton of programming to make them run. Computers/phones have a limited lifespan no matter how well made they are but I would expect an implement to have some type of winning combination of materials and construction and just stay that way for a very long time because it is just that good.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #13  
I have the HI 60 grapple, I went with it over the EA for 3 reasons.
  • It is 60" vs 55" so I can see more of it outside my front tires.
  • The AR450 steel is slightly thicker.
  • Lead time.
I got mine about a year and a half ago, and there were some issues, HI actually had it picked it up, shipped it back, fixed them, and sent it back to me again. Good customer service, though on things that should have not been an issue.

I've had no issues with it whatsoever once I received it back the 2nd time, it is very strong and works well.

Attachments

• Grapple.jpg
    Grapple.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 547

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #14  
Just tossing it out there, have you looked at Jenkins Iron and Steel?

I have a pretty heavy duty grapple from there and is well made. Might be a bit heavier than the other options but might be worth looking at too. Website says 3 week lead time.

Just tossing it out there, have you looked at Jenkins Iron and Steel?

I have a pretty heavy duty grapple from there and is well made. Might be a bit heavier than the other options but might be worth looking at too. Website says 3 week lead time.
Actually, I have. There is a shop up the road from where I bought my tractor that carries them. They seemed pretty heavy duty when I looked at them. And they are indeed heavy. Probably heavier than I want. It also struck me as odd that the cost to purchase them online and have them shipped was the same as picking up at this place. I'd think they would be cheaper locally since they probably saved on a bulk shipment and I have to go pick it up instead of having it delivered.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #16  
It also struck me as odd that the cost to purchase them online and have them shipped was the same as picking up at this place. I'd think they would be cheaper locally since they probably saved on a bulk shipment and I have to go pick it up instead of having it delivered.
If I recall right, shipping was "free" or included already in the quoted price they gave me when I got mine a few years ago.

When I'm cleaning manure with mine, I wish I would've gotten something lighter and when I'm working with logs, brush, etc I am glad I got something this durable. I have their 83" Tine grapple.

If I recall right, shipping was "free" or included already in the quoted price they gave me when I got mine a few years ago.
Right. Same price as if I had to pick it up locally which is why I would have it shipped instead of getting it locally. Too much time and hassle to pick it up for the same price. Only benefit would be is if I needed now and couldn't wait.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #18  
It might be the shop that has it marked up? If they bought them in bulk they may have some wiggle room to offer a discount...

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #19  
Homestead is in NY. Jenkins in in MN. EA is in NC.

Given those 3 options, I'll get mine from NC.

Edited thanks to @K5lwq

Last edited:
   / EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #20  
Homestead is in NY. Jenkins in in MN. EA is in TN.

Given those 3 options, I'll get mine from TN.
EA is in Conover NC. Does that change your opinion?

I have bought several EA products and have been very pleased with the entire process. Great quality and great customer support.