/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #21  
EA is in Conover NC. Does that change your opinion?

I have bought several EA products and have been very pleased with the entire process. Great quality and great customer support.
Fixed it. I was confusing them with Titan, er, Ironcraft.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements
Why does location matter?

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #23  
In all the threads on grapples I've not seen anyone mention having direct experience with both EA and Homestead, so I think the best anyone can offer is "I have XXX and I've been happy with it".

Personally I have a 55" HI Pinnacle. Chose it over the EA due to price and lead times - figured "it might not be the 'best', but should be pretty damn good". So far I've had no cause to doubt my decision - been happy with it moving logs, brush, and rocks. I like that the 55" has the same construction as the 60", just closer tine spacing.

That said, Torvy's perspective is an interesting one. I'd rather send my money to NC over NY as well, if that were the only difference.

Edited to add: The Homestead also stands upright on its own. That may or may not be a factor for you

Last edited:
   / EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #24  
Location where it's manufactured in the USA probably doesn't matter that much. Location - where you are at - can have a significant difference in the recommendations of how to work a project.

A light grapple that is still strong and rigid - a good thing. Mine is 820# of AR400 steel. I have in the past and even now - chosen to purchase implements locally. I had the grapple and 3rd function installed nine years ago. I have not removed the grapple since that time. A - more or less - permanent fixture. The only "damage" - paint removal on the tips of the tines. I DO NOT like powder coat. A quality automotive paint is my preference.

The "best" grapple is one that will do exactly what you need it to do and not get all crumpled up.

I use my grapple to move very heavy rocks and chunks of pine tree trunk. I have very little brush that presents a bother. Mainly open grass fields and stands of Ponderosa pine.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #25  
I didn't read through all of the comments, but the homie 60 grapple and EA 60 grapple is nowhere close to an apples to apples comparison..

I saw a video a while back that tried to make the same comparison, and here's my comment. FYI, my comment was before he bent it on the first use..
Travis

"Nice video! To be completely fair and accurate about this, so people aren't mislead... Here at EA, we have many different models, so we can ideally match the proper grapple to the customer's tractor and intended applications. Quite often, guys call us for advice, and our expert, experienced sales staff is always happy to assist. The EA Wicked Grapple which is most comparable to the grapple in the video is our 240 pound Wicked 55. There are many features on the Wicked which, despite it being lighter, make the 55 stronger by design than the one shown in the video. Our first Wicked 55 prototype, back in February 2017, was harshly tested by our 60hp Kubota tractor, and it passed with flying colors. Even though it was the strongest lightweight grapple ever built, we have made quite a few enhancements over the past four years, which could only be learned by time and experience. The Wicked 60, which is mentioned in the video, and in the description above, is a totally different animal, with a 3rd hinge point in the center and MANY stronger components and design features, simply because it is built to withstand larger, heavier tractors. All upper pivot points on all Wicked Grapples are greasable. Experience is huge in this industry, and EA is dedicated to provide the best. The combined Wicked Grapple review count on our website is now over 1,250, and, in our minds, we're just getting started. I hope this helps to explain a few differences and clears up a few unknowns." -Travis EA

Video link:

His next video..

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #26  
Here's a quick overview of our lineup, so the intended machines are clear. We are all about IDEALLY matching a Wicked grapple to your tractor, and do not like settling for anything less.

EA Wicked 48 for Kubota BX Link 150 pound range, 3 pin configuration for Kubota BX tractors.

65706558_10157515465482904_7282833914769440768ee.jpg

EA Wicked 55 Link 250 pound range, for use on the smallest of tractors with JD or universal quick attach, up to around 40ish horsepower. Select Kubota B Series pin on mounts available.

LseriesFlexs.jpg

EA Wicked 60 Link 400 pound range, for 40ish horsepower tractors up to the largest of compact tractors, such as Kubota MX, JD 4 Series, Kioti NX with JD or universal quick attach.

MXs.jpg

EA Wicked 66 Link 660 pound range, for utility tractors and skid steer loaders. This one LIVES on our Kubota M6-141(141hp tractor) and has been very roughly tested on it, as well as fitting it to many customer's tracked skid steers.

M7060s.jpg

Since it was mentioned, you'll see that our root rake style grapples do not stand up when disconnected. This is because we use grapples, rather than develop gimmicky selling points to attract those who know no better. A big dogleg tine on the bottom will prohibit aggressive grubbing/digging, which may be a plus for grapples which can't handle it. Wicked actually likes it, and to store, just put it face down, like you're gonna chomp at the Earth(be careful, because it will).

Here's an example of not being held back by dogleg lower tines. Ground penetration is achieved at the preferred angle, and grubbing ability is maximized.

KubotaMX5200crouse13s.jpg

Using the lid to rake backwards is frowned against with pretty much every manufacturer I can think of, and warranty will be quickly DENIED if something were to happen. With EA Wicked, not so much..

I hope my posts help to clear some things up. I've studied these things for many years, and was here when the first Legendary Wicked Grapple was introduced, and the industry is still shaking from its presence. I'm here to chat grapples anytime, and do enjoy it, so feel free to give me a call if you want to match up an ideal grapple for your tractor and application(s). 828-464-1200
Travis

Here's a quick overview of our lineup, so the intended machines are clear. We are all about IDEALLY matching a Wicked grapple to your tractor, and do not like settling for anything less.

EA Wicked 48 for Kubota BX Link 150 pound range, 3 pin configuration for Kubota BX tractors.

View attachment 756803

EA Wicked 55 Link 250 pound range, for use on the smallest of tractors with JD or universal quick attach, up to around 40ish horsepower. Select Kubota B Series pin on mounts available.

View attachment 756804

EA Wicked 60 Link 400 pound range, for 40ish horsepower tractors up to the largest of compact tractors, such as Kubota MX, JD 4 Series, Kioti NX with JD or universal quick attach.

View attachment 756805

EA Wicked 66 Link 660 pound range, for utility tractors and skid steer loaders. This one LIVES on our Kubota M6-141(141hp tractor) and has been very roughly tested on it, as well as fitting it to many customer's tracked skid steers.

View attachment 756806

Since it was mentioned, you'll see that our root rake style grapples do not stand up when disconnected. This is because we use grapples, rather than develop gimmicky selling points to attract those who know no better. A big dogleg tine on the bottom will prohibit aggressive grubbing/digging, which may be a plus for grapples which can't handle it. Wicked actually likes it, and to store, just put it face down, like you're gonna chomp at the Earth(be careful, because it will).

Here's an example of not being held back by dogleg lower tines. Ground penetration is achieved at the preferred angle, and grubbing ability is maximized.

View attachment 756807

Using the lid to rake backwards is frowned against with pretty much every manufacturer I can think of, and warranty will be quickly DENIED if something were to happen. With EA Wicked, not so much..

I hope my posts help to clear some things up. I've studied these things for many years, and was here when the first Legendary Wicked Grapple was introduced, and the industry is still shaking from its presence. I'm here to chat grapples anytime, and do enjoy it, so feel free to give me a call if you want to match up an ideal grapple for your tractor and application(s). 828-464-1200
Travis
I don't doubt the greatness of a Wicked 60. I don't even mind paying a premium. My biggest problem is putting a large part of my project on hold for 4 months waiting for it to arrive. That and maybe having to go pick it up at a business or shipping location. I don't have the means to transport it which means some extra expense renting equipment to haul it.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #28  
I didn't read through all of the comments, but the homie 60 grapple and EA 60 grapple is nowhere close to an apples to apples comparison..

I saw a video a while back that tried to make the same comparison, and here's my comment. FYI, my comment was before he bent it on the first use..
Travis

"Nice video! To be completely fair and accurate about this, so people aren't mislead... Here at EA, we have many different models, so we can ideally match the proper grapple to the customer's tractor and intended applications. Quite often, guys call us for advice, and our expert, experienced sales staff is always happy to assist. The EA Wicked Grapple which is most comparable to the grapple in the video is our 240 pound Wicked 55. There are many features on the Wicked which, despite it being lighter, make the 55 stronger by design than the one shown in the video. Our first Wicked 55 prototype, back in February 2017, was harshly tested by our 60hp Kubota tractor, and it passed with flying colors. Even though it was the strongest lightweight grapple ever built, we have made quite a few enhancements over the past four years, which could only be learned by time and experience. The Wicked 60, which is mentioned in the video, and in the description above, is a totally different animal, with a 3rd hinge point in the center and MANY stronger components and design features, simply because it is built to withstand larger, heavier tractors. All upper pivot points on all Wicked Grapples are greasable. Experience is huge in this industry, and EA is dedicated to provide the best. The combined Wicked Grapple review count on our website is now over 1,250, and, in our minds, we're just getting started. I hope this helps to explain a few differences and clears up a few unknowns." -Travis EA

Video link:

His next video..

I watched both video's. Looks like the man got what he paid for.(y)

It was pretty scary watching him work that tractor pushing trees on that pond dam with the roll bar down. I lost a friend that was doing that.

I watched both video's. Looks like the man got what he paid for.(y)

It was pretty scary watching him work that tractor pushing trees on that pond dam with the roll bar down. I lost a friend that was doing that.
Part of me wonders if he should have been doing some of that with a grapple in the first place regardless of brand. I'd probably use my bucket to push over trees before I put a grapple to them.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #30  
I don't doubt the greatness of a Wicked 60. I don't even mind paying a premium. My biggest problem is putting a large part of my project on hold for 4 months waiting for it to arrive. That and maybe having to go pick it up at a business or shipping location. I don't have the means to transport it which means some extra expense renting equipment to haul it.

I totally understand those who can't wait, and we're currently working on our new factory expansion to remedy the situation = feed the Wicked beast we've created. Hopefully by next spring, we'll be full steam and guys will have no excuses to not buy the best.

I will be glad to assist with locating a freight terminal, or if you want to get in line, we can always update that later if you arrange for a business to receive for you.

Yes, we could say "free shipping" to anywhere within the US and beyond, and free shipping to your "barn door" or camping hut, but anyone with an ounce of knowledge when it comes to shipping knows that the further you get away from home base, the more expensive shipping is, which "someone" has to make up for. Also, shipping to a home, home business, or farm costs extra, so if it is "free" from the manufacturer, someone is paying for it.

That's why, at EA, we include shipping within 1,000 miles of our location in Conover, NC. That's generally minimal freight, and we get excellent rates, but if someone wants it shipped to their home/farm/etc, they pay the extra, instead of us building it into everyone's price. If they're in CA, ID, OR, WA, AZ, etc, and shipping is XX amount more than minimal freight, they pay the difference, rather than everyone else paying for it. Even though it is extra, most everyone is very surprised by the great rates we offer.

I'm glad to talk to anyone about our simple shipping policies. It has worked well for a long time, and doesn't suck the value out of the product. It is fair and it ensures that everyone gets the best for their dollar, rather than building up the price to "include" everyone.

This is not some agenda I have pretyped or marketing schemes 101, it's me typing from experience.
Travis