Eagles

/ Eagles #1  

ovrszd

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, Ford 555A, JD2210
My Son plants a food plot each year. I prefer roadkill. Retrieved a Deer carcass from the highway near me and staked it down in my CRP field with a game camera. Just added a second carcass yesterday. In a week the birds in the daytime and Coyotes at night left only hide and bare bones of the first one.

I've got a Eagle nest in a fairly large timber about two miles south of my farm. There are three young Eagles frequenting the food plot plus two adults. I'm wondering if they are family? I watch them come from the South each morning just after daylight.

WGI_1390.JPG

WGI_1387.JPG

WGI_1372.JPG

/ Eagles
There seems to be a pecking order. They all know each other. The two adults are the more patient feeders. But then, as you can see, they are considerably smaller.

I read once the Eagles get their white feathers around five years old. They start losing body mass at that time.

WGI_1363.JPG

WGI_1356.JPG

WGI_1354.JPG

/ Eagles #3  
Amazing pictures. Doesn't look like the carcass will be "bait" too much longer. Need to find more road kill.

/ Eagles
I really like this picture. If you were a small animal and saw this coming you'd not be having a good day.....

WGI_1345.JPG

/ Eagles
These last two give you an idea of size. The small birds are Crows.

WGI_1331.JPG

WGI_1283.JPG

WGI_1279.JPG

/ Eagles
Although the young Eagles are much bigger, I prefer the adults. Beautiful birds.

WGI_1186.JPG

WGI_1175.JPG

/ Eagles
Here's a couple pics of a Red Tail Hawk. Again for bird size comparison.

WGI_1084.JPG

WGI_1086.JPG

/ Eagles
Amazing pictures. Doesn't look like the carcass will be "bait" too much longer. Need to find more road kill.

Yeah, that was the first one. Put out a second one yesterday.

/ Eagles
That pic really gives the full perspective of the wing span. Great pic!

Thank you. It's pure luck with a Game Camera. I've got 500 pics so far. Several videos too. Coyotes are the "Night Shift". I'll post up some pics of them.