Earth's Hottest Month

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Earth's Hottest Month #531  
I'll pick #1, of course. First though, we need to admit that we have a problem and stop the partisan non compromising ways. An elected official works for every voter in his district, not just his political party.

The bottom line is that we NEED immigrants coming in; especially since so many of our current citizens choose not to work. Somebody has to be a construction worker, doctor or nurse.
There's a health care shortage as it is, which is only getting worse.
My answer is to let in every immigrant with skills and the desire to work; then we deport all the lazy azz Americans that won't work.

/ Earth's Hottest Month #532  
My answer is to let in every immigrant with skills and the desire to work; then we deport all the lazy azz Americans that won't work.
20 years ago I might agree with you. Now though, I'm close enough to retiring and within 5 years plan to be one of those lazy azz Americans that won't work. :D

/ Earth's Hottest Month #533  
Las Vegas is growing exponentially with no water source, Phoenix as well; Miami... ditto, but their problem is rising sea levels. Doesn't make much sense, does it?
Las Vegas is growing exponentially because people are fleeing California and have been for years. The reasons are myriad, but probably too political for this forum. Of course Vegas would have plenty of water if California did not muscle it away. Big bully Cali has been pushing its weight around for a long time.

/ Earth's Hottest Month #534  
Loyalty to your country's constitution is more important to a nation's foundation and resilience than the desire to labor...

The people getting paid not to work are not the ones to blame...the ones to blame are the ones that keep paying them not to work...

If you want to talk about immigrants from past generations at least you could talk to them in English...even if they were not fluent they tried and knew it was important to learn the language of their new country...

/ Earth's Hottest Month #535  
^^^
You raise a good point. My grandmother was 14 when somebody bought a ticket and helped her onto a boat from Germany in 1917, to escape a planned marriage. She learned the language and would get rather POed when somebody couldn't be bothered to learn it.

Another thing I find ironic is that we are supposed to respect their heritage and beliefs... and change ours.

/ Earth's Hottest Month #536  
20 years ago I might agree with you. Now though, I'm close enough to retiring and within 5 years plan to be one of those lazy azz Americans that won't work. :D
OK, so you earned your retirement; as I will as well. Was talking to one of my clients in Pittsburgh today; she needs 17 full time people to run her business, she is down to 11; and has had to cut operational hours to accommodate those 11. We are doing plans now for adding on to her business, but she is worried she won't have the people to man more space; which is crazy because the business is there. PEOPLE WHO DON'T WORK SHOULDN'T GET PAID TO SIT...

/ Earth's Hottest Month #537  
And the people who vote to pay people to sit?
What should we do with them?

/ Earth's Hottest Month #538  
And the people who vote to pay people to sit?
What should we do with them?
Just so you and I don't end up on another vacation together... let's agree that all of Congress is to blame for that, going back decades. And yes, I wish there was a new "Workers" party for those of us that support the whole bloody country by our hard work, our motivation, and our sweat.

/ Earth's Hottest Month #539  
Just so you and I don't end up on another vacation together... let's agree that all of Congress is to blame for that, going back decades. And yes, I wish there was a new "Workers" party for those of us that support the whole bloody country by our hard work, our motivation, and our sweat.
NOPE

Status
Not open for further replies.