Echo Trimmer carburetor

/ Echo Trimmer carburetor #1  

bmg88201

Gold Member
Tractor
JD X300
I have a 12 year old SRM 230 Echo trimmer which has served me very well. Last year the carb got damaged after falling off the tailgate of my truck and I decided to get a cheap aftermarket carb off Amazon. It was like $22.00. I thought, wow what a deal. It starts up okay but I lost at least 1/3 if not more rpm and power. No way to adjust the carb that I could see. I struggled all last year with it and this year I bought a carb from Echo, it was I a little pricy but it runs like a beast again. Yeah I know, you get what you pay for. No complaints with Echo products, they make good commercial trimmers.

/ Echo Trimmer carburetor #2  
I have several Echo products and am very happy with their quality. The 2 stroke tiller is 25 years old and still runs like a champ.

/ Echo Trimmer carburetor #3  
Most of the newer stuff doesn't have adjustment needles... There should be a bigger diaphragm on the carb with a spring loaded needle on it, that's the fuel pressure regulator, if you pry the lever up a touch that might richen it up a little but could make idle rougher so gotta balance that...

/ Echo Trimmer carburetor #4  
The echos usually have a high speed adjustment only. It's a small hole with a white or black plastic plug covering it and u use a 2mm flat screwdriver to turn it after u remove the plug. It's hit or miss with the aftermarket carbs. Sometimes they are better then the factory ones.