Emax22 hard starting and white smoke?

/ Emax22 hard starting and white smoke? #21  
there's a connector on the glow plug rail, its cheap and becomes loose... if you hold it tight against the the connector it slides on, it should start... if the connector is gone, simply cut it off and crimp on a new one... had to do it on a 26 max xl gear... take a meter and see if your getting 12 - 12.5 volts to that connector, if you are, its probably a bad/loose connector...
if you need to start the machine, simply take a heat source (I use a torpedo heater) and aim it at your oil pan for a couple minutes, you'll see the white smoke start to turn blk, it'll start shortly after...
good luck...

any chance of a picture of this connector?

/ Emax22 hard starting and white smoke? #22  
I'll take a pic of it wed...

/ Emax22 hard starting and white smoke? #23  
IMG_8722.JPG
its the hot wire that connects to the glow plug rail...

/ Emax22 hard starting and white smoke? #24  
stock connector is blk, it slides onto the tab connector held down by 8mm bolt on the glow plug rail...
good luck

/ Emax22 hard starting and white smoke? #25  
stock connector is blk, it slides onto the tab connector held down by 8mm bolt on the glow plug rail...
good luck

appreciate it. will check it out

/ Emax22 hard starting and white smoke? #26  
You should be able to start the tractor without the glow plugs. I just did it yesterday and temperature was at 28 degrees.They shouldn't be the problem. Cranking should by itself generate the needed heat to start. It should be outputting dark/black smoke when first cranking, diesel engine require an overrich mixture to start properly. To me sound like low fuel delivery, fuel filter issue or injection components.

/ Emax22 hard starting and white smoke? #27  
You probably fixed the problem with your injector service. White smoke is unburnt fuel. Combustion chamber is not hot enough due to reduced or uneven fuel flow.

/ Emax22 hard starting and white smoke? #28  
You should be able to start the tractor without the glow plugs. I just did it yesterday and temperature was at 28 degrees.They shouldn't be the problem. Cranking should by itself generate the needed heat to start. It should be outputting dark/black smoke when first cranking, diesel engine require an overrich mixture to start properly. To me sound like low fuel delivery, fuel filter issue or injection components.

You speaking from experience with the emax? I have had mine since new, when it's cold it will not start with out glow plug being cycled at least once. With out using the glow plugs it's cranks and won't start and starter takes a beating.

Use your glow plugs to start it that's what they are for....

/ Emax22 hard starting and white smoke? #29  

your starter wont last long doing that... feel how hot it gets after you crank it over till it starts...

/ Emax22 hard starting and white smoke? #30  
Never had a Emax tractor, just a 2815 Hst, brought new and unless like today 8 degrees it need about 8 second on the glow plugs before starting, warmer temperatue don't need the plugs. My engine my just run rich which makes it easier to start. It a Japanese build tractor with the Mahindra name, I'm not sure who builds the Emax engines. but diesel engines all basic work the same.