Ever bent a SSQA lever? I can't figure out how I did it!

/ Ever bent a SSQA lever? I can't figure out how I did it! #11  
Happens to me with the forks on my skidsteer

/ Ever bent a SSQA lever? I can't figure out how I did it! #12  
Another reason to go to Euro/Global attach.

A better, stronger system with less chance of bending those levers. I highly recommend if you do a lot of attach/detach like we do.

/ Ever bent a SSQA lever? I can't figure out how I did it! #13  
Another reason to go to Euro/Global attach.

A better, stronger system with less chance of bending those levers. I highly recommend if you do a lot of attach/detach like we do.
And the attachment won't come off if you look at it the wrong way. 😁

/ Ever bent a SSQA lever? I can't figure out how I did it! #14  
A general rule is that "if it bent cold, it'll straighten cold." Biggest problem is not bending something else while you're fixing one problem. Sounds like you took care of that. Any time you can remove the bent piece and not endanger any other part, you're better off to do that. Almost always worth the time in the long run.

/ Ever bent a SSQA lever? I can't figure out how I did it!
Any time you can remove the bent piece and not endanger any other part, you're better off to do that.
Absolutely!

The trouble was, I didn't have anything else as sturdy as the tractor to anchor it....

/ Ever bent a SSQA lever? I can't figure out how I did it! #16  
A technique I use is to put ALMOST adequate force on, for example, the bent lever via the 4-5 foot pipe suggested above. Put enough force on the pipe to almost bend it back. Then you need to add additional force EXACTLY where you want the bend to occur. Only takes a LITTLE BIT more force, added to the force you have already applied, to effect the bend in the spot you want it to occur.

This works to bend hooks, loops, hoops, etc. from rods. Use a mandrel in your vise, a bit smaller than your desired radius, put a pipe or strong friend on the open end of the rod, apply force, but follow the rod with your thumb or fingers, applying a bit of additional force right next to the mandrel as it winds around the mandrel.

/ Ever bent a SSQA lever? I can't figure out how I did it! #17  
I took mine off and put it in the press.

/ Ever bent a SSQA lever? I can't figure out how I did it! #18  
I only bent a couple hundred of those. Not experienced enough to advise.

/ Ever bent a SSQA lever? I can't figure out how I did it! #19  
Bent mine a few times. Curling the SSQA forward too far when hooking up tends to put the levers in to the bucket and tweak them.

/ Ever bent a SSQA lever? I can't figure out how I did it! #20  
Being mildly absent minded, I painted the handles on mine "don't forget-um dummy" orange. It can be pretty easy to miss an errant black handle against a field of black. Now they are like a flag waving, "you forgot something dummy."