Ever encounter a coral snake?

/ Ever encounter a coral snake? #51  
Coral snakes are very poisonous .. their problem is they have no fangs or teeth,they have to chew on you for a little bit in order to deliver its venom,it's like guming you until they break the skin,

/ Ever encounter a coral snake? #52  
Coral snakes are very poisonous .. their problem is they have no fangs or teeth,they have to chew on you for a little bit in order to deliver its venom,it's like guming you until they break the skin,

Not true...all venomous snakes have fangs of some sort including coral snakes...

/ Ever encounter a coral snake? #53  
I like it is 2 pieces like that

/ Ever encounter a coral snake? #54  
Not true...all venomous snakes have fangs of some sort including coral snakes...

Can coral snakes bite you?
Coral snakes are extremely reclusive and generally bite humans only when handled or stepped on. They must literally ( chew on their victim to inject their venom fully) , so most bites to humans don't result in death. ... è¿*ed touch yellow, kill a fellow warns of the venomous coral snake and its stripes.

/ Ever encounter a coral snake? #55  
   / Ever encounter a coral snake? #56  
43577F72-5EAF-408A-9FF8-528C07FFEEC5.jpegFor 40 years I've been hearing, don't kill black snakes cause they scare off the venomous snakes. I do not kill black snakes but, I always thought that was a old wives tale. I didn't believe them when they told me mustard stops cramps either, I was wrong on both counts.

This was forwarded to me but came from a local. Is the victim a copperhead?

/ Ever encounter a coral snake? #57  
Killed a 3 ft ( yes three ft) coral snake in my front yard just off the driveway several weeks ago. According to my reading that’s about their maximum length, I had seen smaller ones around but this guy was big. I also read that they have discontinued making anti venom serum for coral bites and the last batch expired in January 2020 so be careful

/ Ever encounter a coral snake?
View attachment 673988For 40 years I've been hearing, don't kill black snakes cause they scare off the venomous snakes. I do not kill black snakes but, I always thought that was a old wives tale. I didn't believe them when they told me mustard stops cramps either, I was wrong on both counts.

Looks like a copperhead to me

/ Ever encounter a coral snake? #59  
View attachment 673988For 40 years I've been hearing, don't kill black snakes cause they scare off the venomous snakes. I do not kill black snakes but, I always thought that was a old wives tale. I didn't believe them when they told me mustard stops cramps either, I was wrong on both counts.

From what I see,I'd say with 80% certainty that it is a copperhead. Seeing head from same angle as that of the blacksnake would alow 100% yes or no. Here you see two features shared by Rattlesnake,Cottonmouth and Copperhead. Pits foward of and below eye plus ecliptical eye pupil. No harmless snake in USA have these features.
Copperhead Stock Photo - Download Image Now - iStock

/ Ever encounter a coral snake? #60  

Yes it is!