Everything Attachments Landscape rake

/ Everything Attachments Landscape rake #1  

RJJR

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti DK45 HST
Ted,

In the market for a rake but was wondering if you of yor models would double as a pine straw rake. Any disadvantaes to trying to get up pine needles with a landscape rake. The area I'll be working is a 5 acre stand that has never been cleard. I'm going to mow it and rake it so i can start getting up the needled and hoped to do it with one rake.
thanks

/ Everything Attachments Landscape rake #2  
Will be curious to hear Ted's reply but I have tried using my landscape rake for long grass without much luck. The wider teeth plus narrow spacing take some of the soil with it mixing it into the grass. I experimented with removing teeth, first tried taking out every other 1 but ended up taking out 2 then leaving 1. This helped but it would leave clumps behind that slip through the spacing or roll up over the material once it starts dragging a decent pile. The wire spring teeth of the pine straw rake can be closer together to pull the material without dragging top soil with it.

/ Everything Attachments Landscape rake
Will be curious to hear Ted's reply but I have tried using my landscape rake for long grass without much luck. The wider teeth plus narrow spacing take some of the soil with it mixing it into the grass. I experimented with removing teeth, first tried taking out every other 1 but ended up taking out 2 then leaving 1. This helped but it would leave clumps behind that slip through the spacing or roll up over the material once it starts dragging a decent pile. The wire spring teeth of the pine straw rake can be closer together to pull the material without dragging top soil with it.

OK, thanks for the feedback. I may have to make a choice. Was hoping to kill two birds with one stone here.
Thanks

/ Everything Attachments Landscape rake #4  
OK, thanks for the feedback. I may have to make a choice. Was hoping to kill two birds with one stone here.
Thanks

I use my landscape rake to clean up the yard after a storm and to work my gravel driveway with. My father's yard is full of pines and i use the rake to get all the straw and pine cones in a pile to burn. It does take some of the soil, but not too much. We do this just about every year.

I would recommend a landscape rake to anybody who has a tractor. I've had my rake for about 5 or 6 years i guess now. Never have regretted buying it.

/ Everything Attachments Landscape rake #5  
RJJR, you may be able to get by with a landscape rake for your application but I don't think it will do the job nearly as well as a pine needle rake because of what SSdoxie said. It will probably pull topsoil and other large debris with it even if you're careful because the tines just aren't very springy. I thought about recommending the gauge wheels but for the money, you'd be better off getting both rakes.

/ Everything Attachments Landscape rake #6  
I don't have any pines, but found that angling the rake forward - shortening the top link, lets me pull up forest litter and leaves with little soil coming. You might at least experiment with changing the pitch of the teeth. Speed also affects how much dirt is picked up.

/ Everything Attachments Landscape rake
Thanks for the information. Will be deciding shortly.