Everything Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Everything Attachments #1,741  
I'm not sure why this is so difficult to understand.

I'm not sure it's difficulty in understanding, it's that the EA policy is a bit different than other heavy equipment companies. I ordered about 10K lbs worth of equipment from Grizzly a few years back, free shipping, but I needed to be able to unload it (no lift gate). Semi pulled up in front of the farm (after calling to make sure I'd be there) and I just ran a few trips back and forth with my tractor/forks. Had I required a lift gate, it would have been much more expensive. But the "no residences/farms/etc" for "non-liftgate" service does appear to be different/rarer. My Bison rear blade, shipped from Beaver Valley, same thing, if I wanted a lift gate, big bucks. If I could fork it off myself, standard shipping rates (same as to a farm/business).

I'm not bashing EA, you guys have been great to me and I love your stuff. But the confusion, IMHO, comes from the difference in your shipping vs other suppliers of this gear. Even if shipping is paid, generally the uplift is for a lift gate, and if you have forks, you don't have to pay that, business, commercial, farm, or a condo in NYC, they don't care, so long as you have a way to get it off the truck when they get there. Where it seems that your shipping company does care; not if you have a forklift or not, but the type of address they are heading to (which, I understand, and I can see how that makes sense, but it is different from others).

BTW, I bought my pallet forks from you guys and, that might be the only attachment that I can say, without question, has paid for itself many times over (avoiding lift gate fees!). Great tool, love it! ;)

/ Everything Attachments #1,742  
I agree that EA is more restrictive than others. Terminal delivery is also something missing. Other companies seem very willing to drop the freight charge for termination delivery. Not that EA is bad, just more difficult. With terminal delivery there is no local trucking, you have to go to the regional terminal and go to will call where they fork lift onto your truck. So all that is paid for is the long haul.

I have done terminal delivery for myself and for where I work. At work I may not want a big delivery that the receptionist has to deal with (because she is the only one there). I get a call from the terminal and pick it up and take it to where it needs to go direct. Many places we work have no ability to receive or it is behind security.

/ Everything Attachments #1,743  
Driving 8 miles is an inconvenience???
dang, my daughter and grand kids must inconvenience me all the time then!

If you had to hook up your trailer, drive 8 miles, then winch a pallet (using steel pipe as rollers) onto the trailer, then drive back home, and then unload the pallet,.... you would not find that an unnecessary inconvenience?
Oh..... but of course, I could have picked up at the freight terminal, where they do have a fork lift......only 72 additional miles each way there!
We apparently have a major difference of opinion on what is unnecessarily inconvenient.

/ Everything Attachments #1,744  
Yea, I find reading all your whining and griping very inconvenient!
:rolleyes:

/ Everything Attachments #1,746  
I have ordered from two different equipment companies (Messick's and EA) and in both instances I picked up at the FedEx terminal. EA shipping was free and Messick's was paid freight TO THE TERMINAL. "Liftgate service" charges are NOT simply for the liftgate truck and offload at your residence, but also includes the offload from long haul, reload onto liftgate truck, local delivery mileage and finally offload. That liftgate service fee is going to be THE SAME whether you are 10 or 50 miles from the terminal. It is not simply a 'convenience fee' tacked on willy-nilly.

For example, if you have something shipped to the FedEx terminal, that I use (30 miles away), using EA free shipping - then shipping is free and pickup/loading is included in WHAT EA PAID. If you need liftgate service, you pay the extra $150 (or whatever) for that item to be re-transported on a shorter truck that 30 extra miles and then offloaded. Fuel is not free, time is not free.

The (in-)convenience factor is going to be different for everyone. My time is worth X to me, but may be worth Y to someone else. If I didn't have a truck/trailer/FEL/forks to offload when I got home OR the mileage, time, fuel cost exceeded that $150, then I would gladly pay the $150. It is a trade-off. It is not bait and switch; it is not false advertising.

My MK Meteor snowblower from Messicks had a $157 freight charge to the terminal which works out to $1.12 per mile. My LPGS from EA had a roughly 350 mile trip so let's say $400 for freight that EA covered (which is 1/3 of what I paid for the item). Since I was still happy with the pricing, I purchased the item.

If EA charged ACTUAL SHIPPING for each of their customers, then their ordering would be more convoluted and the guy 350 miles away could get the item cheaper than the guy 1000 miles away, but today we PAY THE SAME AMOUNT. That is awesome and as a business, EA gets to expand their market reach to nearly everyone.

At this point, your (Cat_D) animosity toward Travis and EA is duly noted and you are free to purchase your attachments from TSC, Titan, or Northern Tool. Good luck to you.

/ Everything Attachments #1,747  
your shipping company does care
We use, or have used, pretty much every LTL shipping company under the sun.

not if you have a forklift or not, but the type of address they are heading to

This is the exact factor which some can't grasp.

Every shipping company charges an extra fee for non commercial deliveries, regardless of offloading ability.

(which, I understand, and I can see how that makes sense, but it is different from others).

We could add said fees into the cost of manufacturing/producing/supplying the goods, but, rather than doing that, we offer this stuff for the best price, which is why we're having this nice discussion.

BTW, I bought my pallet forks from you guys and, that might be the only attachment that I can say, without question, has paid for itself many times over (avoiding lift gate fees!). Great tool, love it! ;)

Thanks for the business!

To add:

The shipping arrangements are really quite simple. People tell me how easy we make it, all the time! I've explained it here on TBN, in this thread, numerous amounts of times. I am here to answer any questions. A person will answer the phone within a ring or two and we're eager to assist with any questions or concerns. 866-581-5818
In the meantime, I can continue to explain here. I mean, a good back and forth beats crickets or happy people talking about attachments, eh?
Travis

Last edited:
   / Everything Attachments #1,748  
Yea, I find reading all your whining and griping very inconvenient!
:rolleyes:

"whining and griping".....about a less than convenient delivery process?
Would you hook up your trailer, and drive somewhere,...... to pick up your UPS/Amazon packages?

/ Everything Attachments #1,749  
If that was what was offered and the deal I stuck, yes I would, and I would not be crying like a little girl for the next 3 years about it!

/ Everything Attachments #1,750  
On a happier note, I got my Wicked Grapple today after free shipping and over 3 weeks early. :thumbsup: I gladly took the trailer to the FedEx depot after dropping off a load of (s)crap at the local dump, picking up the wife's prescription and stopping at the Kioti dealer. We live 40 - 50 miles from any good sized towns and always multi-task our errands.

Got it home, dumped the bucket and had it hooked up and running in less than 30 minutes. The only issue was that the "wrong" coupling were installed. I changed my coupling request twice due to getting a new tractor. Apparently, the second change did not get communicated to the shop guys. I would not like to tussle with whoever put that quick connect on - it took all I had to get it off! :eek:
King Kong was out of work after the movie so EA hired him to tighten things before they are shipped..😂😂
Smilinjak

Status
Not open for further replies.